Complaint Review: Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park

• Updated: Fri, November 29, 2013

• Reported By: Brandon — jacksonville Florida
Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park
4812 Deer Lake Drive West Jacksonville, Florida USA

Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park Scott Wellington Racism, Racial Profiling and poor customer service Jacksonville Florida

*Consumer Comment: Cool Your Jets

Never in my life have I felt so humiliated.  As an active duty military soldier who has fought hard for this country it literally bothers me to know that racism, racial profiling and no respect still goes on in this country.   I booked a hotel for a Hot Rate price for $221 at "Aloft Hotel" through my brother because we were visiting family in Florida on Thanksgiving.  Our room was for 11/27/2013- 12/1/2013. We loved the hotel and the hotel workers were extra nice.  On Thanksgiving Day when I tried to charge my debit card at the store and I noticed it was declined.  I didn't think much of it so I used my back up card saying to myself well my check must have not posted to my account yet.  On 29 Nov 2013 I logged into my checking account to check my account balance and it was overdrawn by over $5,000 because it was 20 different charges to my account from this hotel in the amount of $294 each.   I called my bank and they were closed at the time so I went to speak with the hotel attendant around 0700.  Myself, my wife and my 2 month old new born went down stairs and I spoke with the hotel attendant (Adrion) and he was very nice and told me and my wife to calm down that we will get to the bottom of this also the General Manager will be in within the next 30 minutes.  The “Chef” I didn't catch his name but he also offered me and my wife a sandwich as well to try and calm the situation down. When the GM "Scott Wellington" arrived my wife went trying to explain the situation to him and from the start he had a nonchalant, I don't care, s****.>

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2013 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aloft-Jacksonville-Tapestry-Park/Jacksonville-Florida-32246/Aloft-Jacksonville-Tapestry-Park-Scott-Wellington-Racism-Racial-Profiling-and-poor-custo-1103056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park

Cool Your Jets

AUTHOR: coast - ()

It is evident that you were overcharged and you may be a victim of credit card fraud but nothing in your review supports your claim that you were a target of racism.

Yes, I read your, “you had to be there” comment but you should have provided more compelling evidence in your bloated review.

You were offered two days compensation and then you were kicked out of the hotel due to your failure to control your anger. Hopefully you have received your credit and have learned to exercise self-restraint in a situation where the other party is at fault.