Complaint Review: Alpha CRC

• Submitted: Mon, May 06, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, May 06, 2013

• Reported By: Ronald — Weymouth Massachusetts
Alpha CRC
St Andrews House, St Andrew's Rd Cambridge, Select State/Province United Kingdom

Alpha CRC unprofessional, opaque, non-payment, wage theft, takes advantage of freelancers, late payment, does not pay translators Cambridge United Kingdom

I am a freelance translator, and I have done four jobs for Alpha CRC. The project managers with whom I have worked have been professional and competent people. However, the company is terrible about payment. Even with a payment period of 60 days, all four payments have been late.

The company did pay me for the first two jobs I did, though both payments were made weeks later than what was agreed. However, I submitted the third project - of over $3500 - almost four months ago, and I have not yet been paid. All of my queries at this point are either ignored or deflected with a cut-and-paste response in which I am told how much my patience is appreciated. This is particularly disconcerting as I think back about how I nearly killed myself getting it done on time.

I am in a full-time graduate program at the moment, which meant that I had several nights in which I got fewer than three hours of sleep because I was doing work for Alpha CRC on top of my studies. [continued below]....

..... My classmates told me that I was crazy, but I just responded that I needed the money. The sleep deprivation ended up having a recognizable effect on my grades. That is not Alpha CRC's fault, of course, but it makes their inability to pay even more painful.

Payment for my fourth project just became overdue a few days ago. Meanwhile, I am broke.

It is important to note that the company has already sent me two more job proposals (which I have refused) since payment for the third project became overdue, so it is clear that there is not a problem with the quality of my work.

I realize that most folks come here as buyers, not suppliers. However, consider the risks of dealing with a company that is so terrible about fulfilling its financial obligations. This speaks volumes about what goes on behind the curtains: trust someone else with your projects.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2013 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alpha-CRC/Cambridge-Select-StateProvince-CB4-1DL/Alpha-CRC-unprofessional-opaque-non-payment-wage-theft-takes-advantage-of-freelancer-1048744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alpha CRC