Complaint Review: Alpine Inn & Suites

• Updated: Tue, March 04, 2014

• Reported By: Hector — Los Angeles California
Alpine Inn & Suites
560 Carter Street Dala City, California USA

Alpine Inn & Suites Completely Unethical and Fraudulent Transaction Dala City California

I am not one to complain about many things or handle things inappropriately.  The only reason I am putting this online is for the sole purpose to tell the public of my experience when I booked a room using "Expedia.com"

I booked a room to stay at the Alpine Inn & Suites located at 560 Carter St, Dala City, CA, 94014. I booked it to check in on Friday, February, 28, 2014, and Check out on Saturday, March, 1, 2014.  I live in Los Angeles, and I was going to San Francisco for a job interview.  I'm a grad student, and don't have much money to spend, so I watch every single dollar I spend.

Anyway, I got to San Francisco on Friday, February, 28, 2014, at approximately 3:30pm.  When I tried to check in the hotel owner/manager told me that my reservation was actually made for Thursday, February, 27, 2014, and check out on Friday, February, 28, 2014.  He refused to honor my reservation, after telling him that I did everything right.  I made the reservation through Expedia for the right dates, and they charged my debit card.  I don't have any control beyond that point.  I'm not sure how they got the dates mixed, but nobody tried to help me.  Expedia told me that it was up to the hotel to give me a refund, or honor my reservation; and, the hotel manager said that he wasn't going to honor my reservation or give me a refund.  I promise you that I made the right reservation.  I even had my girlfriend look at it, and confirm.  I know for a fact I made the right reservation.  I have no idea what happened.

The hotel owner was a middle eastern man, and I could tell by his attire and his demeanor that he wasn't going to give me one penny back or honor my reservation.  I was so disappointed with this whole thing, and I was tired from driving 6 hours and sitting through a lengthy interview.  I did not feel like arguing, and I did not have the strenght or spirit to look for another hotel, so I ended paying the middle easter man again to get a room.

He charged me at a higher price, and smiled at me as I put my head down.  I was sad.  I was worried about being broke, that was actually my gas money to go back to Los Angeles.  I had to ask a family member for some gas money to go back home.  This trip wasn't a vacation, so I didn't have money to waste.  It was a job interview. This was an unjustified low blow for me.  I can't believe that a business is going to get away with this. I have to say: life is definitely not fair sometimes.  Don't stay at this business, and confirm any bookings that you do online.  I would hate for you to have an experience like this.  It will leave a sour taste in your mouth.

Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alpine-Inn-Suites/Dala-City-California-94014/Alpine-Inn-amp-Suites-Completely-Unethical-and-Fraudulent-Transaction-Dala-City-Califor-1128361. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alpine Inn & Suites