Complaint Review: Alpine Van Lines

• Reported By: Gary — San Francisco California
Alpine Van Lines
341 E Sheridan Street Dania , Florida USA

Alpine Van Lines Crossway Van Lines Worst Moving Company EVER!!!! Dania Florida

Please DO NOT use this moving company, or you WILL be sorry!!

When I first contacted this company they were very nice. I gave them a list of every item that I was moving and they gave me a binding quote of $2600. They also told me that if my actual cubic footage was less, they would adjust the price downward for the difference. I paid a $750 deposit over the phone, and a $1,000 payment when they came to pick up the items. They were supposed to deliver my things to California within 2-3 weeks.

First of all, they did not deliver my things for 4 MONTHS! I kept calling them every week after the first month to see when they were coming. They stopped accepting my phone calls, and would just send it to voicemail. They never returned my calls. And after the my things finally arrived four months after they picked them up, both of my flat screen TVs were missing; ALL of my boxes were severly damaged like they had been through a war zone; my bubble wrapped dishes were all broken to pieces; my racing bicycle (worth $2,500) was all scratched and chipped; AND they charged me an additional $1,000, and said that if I didn't pay it, they would sell my things!

When I brought out the contract that I had signed, they said that they nothing to do with that because they were a sub-contractor, so I would have to pay the money and dispute it later. I asked what company were they from, and they were from DMI Movers out of southern California - a company that has some of the worst reviews in the history of reviews!!

I am trying to file an insurance claim for my broken and missing items, but they all use cell phones and will never answer my calls. I am so furious! I wish I had never used them. STAY AWAY from ALPINE VAN LINES, DMI MOVERS, AND CROSSWAY VAN LINES, or you will be so sorry!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2013 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alpine-Van-Lines/Dania-Florida-33004/Alpine-Van-Lines-Crossway-Van-Lines-Worst-Moving-Company-EVER-Dania-Florida-1078455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alpine Van Lines