Complaint Review: Alternative Collection Solutions

• Submitted: Tue, October 19, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, October 22, 2010

• Reported By: James — AlT Sp Florida U.S.A.
Alternative Collection Solutions
3842 Harlem Road Suite 341 Buffalo, New York United States of America

Alternative Collection Solutions ACS Debt Collector lies about amount owed and uses misleading collection tactics Buffalo, New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Carl's statement is 1/2 right

*Consumer Comment: Commercial Debts are not covered under the FDCPA

*Author of original report: Outstanding! Call from the President WOW and Solved!

*Consumer Suggestion: A real easy solution here!

I am writing to formerly register a complaint against ACS- Alternative Collection Solutions, Inc.  A subchapter S corp., incorporated in the state of NY, whose address is 3842 Harlem Road, Suite 341 | Buffalo, NY 14215 | (888) 995.4ACS  and ACS- Alternative Collection Solutions LLC.  There web site http://acs-cam.com/ is currently using your TM logo on their home page, if they do not have permission to use your TM, then I ask you to send them a C&D immediately as it constitutes the wrongful act of deception to the public.  I have CC: a copy of this to President/CEO/ and Founder of ACS Inc. Brian M. Noble.

Further Complaint:

I have a loan with Caterpillar, I have been running 30 days behind on my loan and as of October 8, 2010 I was 60 days late. I usually make my payment a rolling 6 weeks behind.  My payment is about $1,300.00 per month, thus the interaction with this firm ACS.  I certainly see a need for this type of service and can appreciate ACS business model.  What I can t appreciate and what I wont stand ideally by while mine and others rights are being blatantly disregarded is flat out lying by the employed staff of ACS, namely Mr.  Mark Vogel who is a account rep for ACS, his number is 888-995-5680.  This guy has spent months lying to anyone on the phone he can speak to in regards to my account.  I understand again the need for recovery but at what expense, and if this is the integrity that ACS and Mr. Noble approve then there is a serious problem here, I can believe the self proclaimed better than 90% recovery rate they make on their web site, with complete disregard of the law and ethics and personal rights one could actually believe that.

Any company currently doing business with ACS I would suggest conduct further due diligence to govern themselves accordingly or they may find themselves exposed to unnecessary litigation.  Mr. Vogel most recently contacted me today and during the brief conversation he told me that he was on the web site and that I was more than $6,000.00 in arrears.  Which was a lie, and then pressing him he later stated that he said he was going to a web site not on one.  Further stated that I had to deal with him and that if I called my account representative at Caterpillar they would send me back to him.  LIE, I did call my account rep and I was only two payments behind $2,300.00, and they didnt send me back to this unethical company.  Mark Vogel further started his recovery efforts by calling someone related to me that was not on my credit application and disclosing personal information.  Best part of this is that Mr. Vogel didnt realize that he was also speaking with my corporate council, whom has already completed an affidavit as to the call he received.

When I told Mr. Vogel that I was going to deal with my Caterpillar account rep he further threatened me with his collection tactics saying he was going to hunt me down, and he was defiantly coming to take my equipment.  I have been paying on this equipment for 4 years, and I only went 2 months late 10 days ago.  What kind of operations are ACS and Caterpillar for that matter running.  I have included every one that ACS has listed as affiliation on the bottom of their web site, including the State Attorneys office in Florida and NY, as well as the Federal Trade Commission.

I expect at least someone in receipt of this to question their business relationship with this company and I expect to hear from Mr. Noble if he truly cares about his companys perception with the public. Further ACS web site says zero complaints to the BBB, lets see how much integrity they have now that I know for a fact there are complaints to the BBB, since I filed one, I wonder if they will update their site or continue to deceive the public and their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2010 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alternative-Collection-Solutions/Buffalo-New-York-14215/Alternative-Collection-Solutions-ACS-Debt-Collector-lies-about-amount-owed-and-uses-misle-652979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alternative Collection Solutions

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Carl's statement is 1/2 right

AUTHOR: Alan J - ()

In reading Carls statement about FDCPA not covering Commerical debts, he is only 1/2 right. There are specific states that require even Commercial collection agencies to be licensed. They also require the "agents" to be licensed, in order to conduct the repo. (please see other comments/reports about Alternative Collections) That being said, I would be interested if Carl was "pitched" on a job by "United Truck Brokers" or some variation there in. I say that as, ACSI pitches otr truckers with "great hauling opportunities" with "drop and hook" etc.... This is how they obtain the information about where you will be with your truck--how else did they know to get you at the weigh station?? If you have an attorney, and you were, in fact, pitched, I would ask your attorney to review the "GLB" Gramm–Leach–Bliley which specifically criminalizes the use or "pre-texting" to obtain information about a consumer. Please review the facts around the situation, and if you have had your rights violated, please protect your self accordinggly. Thank you and good luck!

Commercial Debts are not covered under the FDCPA

AUTHOR: CarlS69 - ()

A national forwarding company can be used by the original creditor for repossession. If the loan is thru a commercial lender it is not covered by the FDCPA. That is for consumer debts for household purposes. I am a long haul truck driver and they jacked me at the weigh station. When I called the bank they told me to call none other than ACS to make arrangements. They faxed me the wire instructions and I got my Truck back. If you are getting called by these guys PAY attention. They got me they will get you and what they do my lawyer said was legal and I had no case even though I was left in the middle of nowhere. At least the guy I dealt with was pleaseant.

Outstanding! Call from the President WOW and Solved!

AUTHOR: James - (USA)

I was very impressed that the President of the Company Mr. Brian Noble took the time out of his busy schedule to call me personal and discuss the matter, I felt that it truly shows this is defiantly a company of integrity and that they are here for the long haul, if anything it shows that the President of the company cares about the services his company provides their customers including the effect that it has on debtors that may have fallen on hard times.  Well done I say, I am very pleased with the outcome.

James

#4 Consumer Suggestion

A real easy solution here!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

STAY OFF THE PHONE!!!  NEVER speak to ANY "third party" collector!! It will always make things worse.

The first thing you need to do is send a CEASE COMMUNICATION request in writing as per your rights under the FDCPA which is federal law. Send this via CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECIEPT REQUESTED. Be sure to put the certified# on the letter itself and keep a copy for your records.

Go to FTC.gov and file a complaint for the illegal and unethical collections activity. The third party collector CANNOT threaten you with repossession as they do not have the legal authority to do it. Only the original creditor can do that. Therefore, his threat to repo was an FDCPA violation which is worth up to $1000 to you plus costs.

Also, this collector cannot discuss your account with ANYONE but you and the original creditor. This is another FDCPA violation worth up to $1000 plus costs.

You really should find a way to get this account current, because running a "rolling 60 day" late pay is TRASHING your credit.

Good luck