Complaint Review: amateurmatch.com

• Submitted: Mon, February 27, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 27, 2012

• Reported By: Lee — London Other United Kingdom
amateurmatch.com

amateurmatch.com [REGISTRANT] Bill twice in one month then block the account, Internet

I signed up as they hounded me and I got curious, I gave over my card details and they offered a 3 day trial for a couple of dollars, what did I have to lose. Oh no, they took the trial money and 1 month membership. I wrote to them asking for the 1 month membership back and they replied with: "We don't offer a trial membership and if you do not want the membership you can cancel at any time, but we will not refund your money."

I thought ok, I can keep this going for 1 month, but what a rip-off, its all what they call OnlineCupids (OC) which are made up profiles that have no person behind them. This is how they get men to pay them money.

This all happened on the 9th February 2012, then on the 23rd February 2012, they took another months membership from my card without an invoice or notification and then blocked my account, this meant they stole my money as far as I'm concerned.

This is one rip-off the world need to know about. Other names they use are www.untrue.com, www.datematch.com and possibly many others as they send emails saying they have signed you up to all the others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2012 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/amateurmatchcom/internet/amateurmatchcom-REGISTRANT-Bill-twice-in-one-month-then-block-the-account-Internet-845510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on amateurmatch.com