Complaint Review: AMBIT ENERGY

• Updated: Thu, May 23, 2013

• Reported By: MissDaisy567 — Sacramento California
AMBIT ENERGY
1801 NORTH LAMAR ST #2 Plano, Texas USA

AMBIT ENERGY Scammed me into being a consultant and paid them $458.16. Plano Texas

*Consumer Comment: websites ?

*UPDATE Employee: Rebutal

AMBIT ENERGY is a SCAM.

Their contact info:

AMBIT MARKETING
Phone: 877-282-6248
1801 NORTH LAMAR ST #2
Plano, TX 75202

Leslie Zhang from Sacramento, CA told me about an opportunity to make money.  I wouldn’t have to do sales.  All I had to do was to help people save money.  She showed me her bonus and residual checks.  She told me about an upcoming seminar at a hotel off Arden. She never mentioned any fees before we went to the presentation so I agreed to go.

At the presentation, the guy said that if you want to be a consultant you have to do it NOW. [continued below]....

..... Don't go home and think about it because if you think about it then you will miss the opportunity to make lots of money. At the end of the presentation, an Ambit representative helped me sign up to be a consultant on a laptop right there in the hotel lobby. During the registration process, I told Leslie that I still didn't get the concept and I wanted to go home and think about it, she got mad at me.  She said don't go home and think about it because other people will make the money if I wait. I reluctantly gave the Ambit representative all of my personal information including, SSN, date of birth, address, phone, and credit card number. Ambit immediately charged me $458.16.

I came home and did some research.  A week later I found out that the company is a fraud. They have numerous complaints from customers and consultants.  They have defrauded the public.  People like Leslie Zhang use Ambit Energy to defraud their acquaintances.  I called the company and asked for a refund.  They said that it’s been three days so I can’t get my money back anymore.

It's a pyramid scheme.  Some of my $458.16 went to Leslie Zhang that's why she kept pushing me into signing up for Ambit Energy right away. She didn't give me a chance to think it through.

In order for me to get $458.16 back, I have to recruit more consultants and solicit new customers so the company can scam more people.  I refuse to do this.

I will report Ambit Energy and Leslie Zhang from Sacramento, CA to the better business bureau, attorney general, and consumer affairs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2013 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMBIT-ENERGY-/Plano-Texas-75202/AMBIT-ENERGY-Scammed-me-into-being-a-consultant-and-paid-them-45816-Plano-Texas-1053323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMBIT ENERGY

websites ?

AUTHOR: Kwtrucks - ()

What are your 3 websites Curt ?

Rebutal

AUTHOR: Curt - ()

Missdaisy

Ambit is not a scam or a fraud. I am an independent consultant with the company for the past year and a half. I recommend you contact customer support and report how you were treated. You should not have been given a hard sell to join.

Fact is, Leslie didn't earn a penny from you joining. As consultants, we only get paid when we help people save money as customers and when we introduce people to the business and HELP THEM DO THE SAME. If you don't get any customers, Leslie never earns a penny from you! This is a business not a pyramid scheme.

Ambit has an A+ rating with the BBB and as of December 2012 we serve over 1 million customers in 9 states. Last year I saved 14.6% on my energy bills. Although I don't agree with Leslie's tatics trying to hard sell you, the fact is she probably won't be successful with Ambit because just getting people to sign up doesn't do her any good. She needs to grow a team that is successful, she needs to be a leader and help her team be successful.

You mentioned you went to a meeting and watched the presentation. Then you signed up but weren't told about the $458? That is clearly part of the presentation. If you weren't paying attention during the presentation then you shouldn't have allowed anyone to take your credit card information.

I've been a business owner for over 10 years, I can tell you there is no other business that allows you to create a monthly residual income for only $458 initial investment. My other business costs me thousands of dollars a year in overhead at a minimum. Ambit provides me with 3 websites for $24.95/month. My other business has 2 websites and it costs me over $100 monthly.

Sounds to me like the business isn't for you (that's okay, its not for everyone) but now you're unhappy with the decision and how you allowed yourself to be pushed into something (you shouldn't have been, that's not how Ambit does business). But here is my recommendation, since you're past the 3 day recision period to get a refund and it appears the business model doesn't work for you, why not help 15 other people save on their energy bill? By helping 15 people save money (not signing them up as consultants), you can get free energy on the supply portion of your bill.

Ambit will average your 15 customers energy usage and either send you a check or credit your bill up to 100% of your energy usage (depending on your area). Example, I get a monthly check (typically $99). If your customers averaged a similar amount it would only take you 5 months to get your investment back, plus you would continue getting your monthly credit as long as you keep 15 customers. You wouldn't have to ever sign up a consultant. I wish you the best of luck.

Regards,