Complaint Review: America Air Lines

• Updated: Wed, July 18, 2012

• Reported By: Jeff T — Hyannis Massachusetts United States of America
America Air Lines
Dallas, Texas United States of America

America Air Lines Citibank Advantage Breach of promise redeeming AAdvantage Points / Miles Dallas, Texas

When I signed up for Citibank AAdvantage for American Airlines points in 1996, I was promised that I could fly continental US by redeeming 25K points.  In 16 years, I can only remember one or two flights for 25K.  AA insists that I redeem 50K points for all flights despite how soon I try to book.  I attempted to contact Customer Relations several times and requested unsuccessfully for a return phone call. It is a ripoff that there are dozens of seats available for 50K but none for 25K.  AA refuses to divulge how many and why there are no 25K seats allotted. Citibank refuses to help and refers me back to AA.  I told Citi that if continental flights are now 50K, then they should issue 2 points per dollar spent to keep the advertised value.  Bottom line is it cannot be that every time I try to redeem there are never any 25K seats.  I compared same route and Southwest wanted a third of the points and had plenty of vacancy and flight selections. I am opening two new cards, Chase Sapphire and Southwest Airlines Premier. What finally made up my mind is that I received e-mails from a person in Dallas with a do not reply referring me back to the web fill in e-mail address, refusal to provide a customer relations phone number, refusal to return a call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 03:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Air-Lines/Dallas-Texas-/America-Air-Lines-Citibank-Advantage-Breach-of-promise-redeeming-AAdvantage-Points-Mile-913684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Air Lines