Complaint Review: America Online

• Submitted: Sun, August 10, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 10, 2008

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
America Online
770 Broadway New York, New York U.S.A.

America Online Charged > $600 for cancelled account in my dog's name, but Jake already had dsl. Bark Bark (but no joke). New York New York

After months of written & email & phone attempts to cancel an unwanted and unneeded AOL in my dog's name, finally received written confirmation of cancellation from AOL. Monthly fees of $25.90 (sometimes charged twice per month) continued to be taken without authorization from my bank account, despite my repeated calls and email complaints to AOL. I finally sent two separate certified letters requesting cancellation and reimbursement, both were completely ignored, and monthly charges continued. I finally had to change my credit card number to stop AOL fraudulant withdrawals, and then AOL sent me a letter warning termination for my late payment. They still owe me more than $600 in unauthorized charges after their written acknowledgement of my account's cancellation.

Jake
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2008 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Online/New-York-New-York-10003/America-Online-Charged-600-for-cancelled-account-in-my-dogs-name-but-Jake-already-had-361298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Online