Complaint Review: American Agencies

• Submitted: Mon, July 18, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, July 18, 2005

• Reported By:San Diego California
American Agencies
2158 W 190th St Torrance, California U.S.A.

American Agencies ripoff Torrance California

My son has been receiving phone calls from this company asking for his dad they have the same name. Well their dad called me and said he has a phone bill that is in the amount of $1,283.96 and he has not lived with us for years I mean years.

I called the company to find out what this was regarding since I'm living at this residence where this supposed bill came from. They would not release any info to me until he called them and authorized me to take it over.

I was willing to make arrangements with them to clear this up so they don't harrass my son's dad at work anymore. He did not have a phone bill with these people. Any way long story short the Supervisor would not be willing to accept minium payments which I just found out about this (existing bill) and they said it is going to be a negative reflect on his credit.

I am glad I came here because this company is not even licensed. I asked if I could just make the payments directly to SBC they said no and they would not except my payments my question is (Is that true??)

Sandra
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2005 10:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Agencies/Torrance-California-90509/American-Agencies-ripoff-Torrance-California-150303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Agencies