Complaint Review: American Ambulance

• Updated: Tue, May 21, 2013

• Reported By: Ernie — Fresno California
American Ambulance
2911 Tulare Street Fresno, California USA

American Ambulance Charge me $1000.00 to transport me from my home to the hospital about 12 miles Fresno California

*Consumer Comment: Well

*Consumer Comment: question

I called 911 and requested an ambulance to transport me from my home to the Kaiser Hospital in Fresno, Ca.  For this service I was charged a base rate amount of $802.00 and a mileage fee of $198.00, for a total fee of $1000.00  The travel time for the trip to the hospital  was approximately 20 minutes and the distance from my home to the hospital was approximately 12 miles.

I realize that this kind of service may not have many customers and there would be quite a lot of standby time involved, but it would appear that the amount of $1000.00 that I was charged is exorbitant as it would be enough to pay for the 2 individual salaries and the cost of the vehicle and equipment for a period of at least two 8 hour days.  I believe I was ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Ambulance/Fresno-California-93721/American-Ambulance-Charge-me-100000-to-transport-me-from-my-home-to-the-hospital-about-1052764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Ambulance

Well

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

You call an ambulance and therefore you owe for the services.  Is there a reason you could not drive or call someone to take you to the hospital?? These services are not non profit - they have bills to pay, employees to pay etc etc.  Guess you have no idea that these individuals, their equipment and so on are not the only bills to be paid by this company.

question

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Why didn't you call a cab?