milk

• Updated: Tue, April 15, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — Texas
American Amicable Insurance SCAM Austin, Texas
502 Country Estates Drive Hutto, Texas USA

American Amicable Insurance/Amico SCAM Austin, Texas - Patrick G. Clay Hutto Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Non Client False Statement

*General Comment: Bad for the rest

We got a thing in the mail offering us additional coverage incase of death or loss of job. We are very much aware of scams and can easily tell real from fake, but this one had a sheet you filled out just to ask for additional info about getting supplemental insurance, we figured what the heck, the most theyd do is send us crap we'd throw out.

My husband got a call from a Patrick G. Clay who wanted to set up a time to come talk. So he did. The guy came by today, and smelled of stale cigarettes, he had only one sheet of paper he worked off of which was just a copy of the sheet we filled out. Clearly he paid for our lead. All he did was tell us what was on that sheet. He "got our payment down" to $20 a month for this ins. My hubby told him we wouldn't invest anything until we independently researched the company that we would be paying to.

He couldn't tell us for sure which company we would be paying to. [continued below]....

..... He said Amico had the best rates, but there is NOTHING online about an insurance company named Amico. He said American Amicable was second best. And some other company he called "Baltimore"?

After my husband told him we wouldn't do anything until we researched, the guys face went blank and he tried to act unphased and continued telling us when the one company started, which according to him was 1913, but American Amicable says 1910. Who knows.

He at first quoted us $56 per month for both of us, then my husband told him that we wouldn't be willing to pay over $20 a month and he magically got our payment down to $20.04. Then he said there was a policy for $29 per month but when we asked the difference between the two he just proceeded to tell us what we got with the $20 a month policy. Basically there was no difference? He said we could do a transfer if we ever moved with the $29 policy, but then he told us we could to the same with the $20 policy. SCAM.

Seeing everyone elses reviews on this company we are certain it's a scam.

This guy said he would be calling us next week, we will see if he actually does! I'd be surprised if he actually did! It wont be a pretty phone call.

The business card he left with us also didnt have a company on it, just "Mortgage Protection Group - Insurance & Financial Planning". There was no website either. Just his name, number, address and email address which was clay.insurance@gmail.com which says tacky/sketchy to me.

Anyways, be safe! As far as I'm concerned, your best option in any case with insurance or anything having to do with paying money into something, you're best off seeking out a well known company, rather than going with a place that seeks you out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2013 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Amicable-Insurance-SCAM-Austin-Texas/Hutto-Texas-78634/American-Amicable-InsuranceAmico-SCAM-Austin-Texas-Patrick-G-Clay-Hutto-Texas-1068522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Amicable Insurance SCAM Austin, Texas

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Non Client False Statement

AUTHOR: Patrick - ()

The above complaint has no merit, I did contact the individual in reference to a letter he filled out asking to speak to an agent. I contacted him and made the appointment and showed him an illustration for the coverage he requested,  it was out of his budget so I modified the coverage to offer the best I could for the price of $20.00 he did say he looks up everything he buys and there was no blank stare and no website info was presented because the carriers hold the domains which are easily found for more info. He didn't know which carrier he might choose so he stated he would do his own research. I did call him back in the time frame he requested because it is a legitimate offer for coverage and if he followed through with the application he would of gotten the policy from the carrier with full details. This gentleman is not a client of mine or the carriers but merely an Internet warrior that used the this site to vent and try to harm a licensed agent of the state, he did not go through BBB or TDI because those companies require proof of wrong doing and validation in which he has none. To remove this post is $1,000.00 dollars and will not be a victim of a scam and this website is the only scam and rip off that has occurred between the 2 parties.

#2 General Comment

Bad for the rest

AUTHOR: broker910 - ()

Now you see that’s just giving the ones of use that are honest and can give you information about the company.

As for the email address I use my personal email on my cards as well, but I am a broker.

A lot of us that seek you out are not scammers and are there to help... I do not work for this company, but they have tried to contract with me and I didn’t like how they handle the clients, I will never work with them. Please don’t let this kind of person kill what the rest of us do for people. We are here to help.

All that being said be caucus about it, first thing to do with any insurance agent or broker is ask to see their license (write down the producers number), ask questions, get info about it and if you want to do research by all means the easy way to get rid of someone being too pushy in a sales is tell them to leave, for they will keep trying to talk you into it. If they will stop tell them you will report them to the insurance commission of the state you reside in.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC