Complaint Review: american bankers insurance company of florida

• Submitted: Tue, February 19, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By: Jeremy — greenbelt Maryland United States of America
american bankers insurance company of florida
11222 quail roost dr miami, Florida United States of America

american bankers insurance company of florida Assurant specialty properties discrimanation, unprofessional and Poor customer service miami, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Follow-up from Assurant

Hello,

on a scale of 1-10 would be a -0. You might wonder why but let me explain on Dec 26 2012 my apartment building caught fire and 21 families were displaced in this fire my apartment was the worst in this fire my family lost everything that we owned. Property management put us in a hotel for two days in my policy it said that I had $12,000 in aditional living expenses the supervisors acted like they didnt want to pay for aditional living cost and when they finally did they thought they we doing us a favor. Terrible service. Had one dispute with one recipt on this claim and there trying to deny a whole household of items over one issue in which I proved on my part it was legitamate. Its February 19, 2013 my case happend on Dec 26 2012 my claim is still open alot of false promises and Hopes on when your claim will be completed not a good feeling when your family loses everything they owned. [continued below]....
..... I hope this never happens to any of these people handling the claim, because they are treating my family like garbage or like homeless bums. Also, I have a speech disabilty and there renters claims supervisor Robert shorthouse wouldnt let me complete my statements alot of times and my inspector that came to see my property noticed i had a disability and told my wife that they may think that i am nervous during my recorded statements and deny my claim. So this company discrimanates aswell!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/american-bankers-insurance-company-of-florida/miami-Florida-33157/american-bankers-insurance-company-of-florida-Assurant-specialty-properties-discrimanatio-1016810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on american bankers insurance company of florida

Follow-up from Assurant

AUTHOR: AssurantSP - (United States of America)

I work at Assurant, and I understand from our team that your claims payment has been made.  We apologize again for the delay.  Please call us if you need additional assistance.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC