Complaint Review: American Careers

• Updated: Thu, October 11, 2012

• Reported By: jay — bowie Maryland United States of America
American Careers
1220 race st baltimore, Maryland United States of America

American Careers They ask for a fee of $39 .00 I havent heard anything in 3 weeks baltimore, Maryland

*UPDATE Employee: American Careers is Here to Help You

*Consumer Suggestion: Baltmore Resident Found how to Contact American Careers.

I saw the job ad on Career builders. It was saying airport jobs and to call a number that was provided. I called the number and it ask for me to send in some personal info and send $39.oo one time fee. Its been 3 weeks and i still havent recieved a call or email from them. Plus I thought Career Builders was a trusted site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2012 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Careers/baltimore-Maryland-21230/American-Careers-They-ask-for-a-fee-of-39-00-I-havent-heard-anything-in-3-weeks-baltimo-944781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Careers

American Careers is Here to Help You

AUTHOR: Yvonne Foxworth - (United States of America)

OK folks, please let me try to shed a little light on this thread.

First off, my name is Yvonne Foxworth. I'm a Career Counselor at American Careers (NYC offices).

For the doubters out there, I must say sorry for any confusion or misconceptions about us, but we certainly are NOT a scam. I've been here for 6 yrs. Indeed, I'm very happy with the results I have personally obtained from the many Applicants I've assisted to gain employment at various airports/airlines across the USA. Success stories with many different types of Positions, at varying pay rates, anywhere from $14 to $22 / hour.

Regarding our Service, we simply assist Applicants obtain employment through the information that we email/mail them to get them started with the Application Process. We then follow up with phone support via our Career Counselors to assist them in every aspect of the Application Process (Application, Resume, Cover Letters, Thank You Letters, Interviewing Techniques, etc) through our Airline Career Development Guide & our Airline Hiring Update, which includes current listings of Airline Positions & descriptions which the Applicant may then apply for at various Airlines. We will attempt to obtain as many interviews for the Applicant as we possibly can. The $39 one-time fee we charge is refundable in the event we are unable to obtain employment
for the Applicant. Details are included in the paperwork the Applicant receives.

This is a vast amount of information & assistance which may potentially require many hours to perform individually. This Service
will soon be available to Applicants via a new website now under construction:

We have many success stories here with regard to Applicants who have taken the time & effort to read / follow the instructions
listed in our Program, and have indeed obtained employment at various Airports across the USA. Obtaining employment takes time and effort. If Applicants are not willing to follow instructions or contact us for help, we can't possibly assist in those efforts. I will gladly personally assist anyone out there in their efforts to obtain
employment. Please feel free to view our BBB review in MD:

Baltimore, MD 21230

American Careers Contact #:
718-690-7056

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Baltmore Resident Found how to Contact American Careers.

AUTHOR: Yvonne - (United States of America)

First, I was looking for another way to contact American Careers.  I found the ad on CareerBuilder just as you did.  I understand that this was an employment service and that I was going to have help in finding a new career.  I  didn't take the route that you took by making a rip off report right away.  After I didn't find anything by looking up just American Careers.  I looked for American Careers Baltimore/ DC phone number .  It is listed.  Give it a try.  I called the number and left a message there.  I was contacted by Kevin Blackford.  He has been a great help to me.  I haven't gotten employed yet, because I have just started the process.  But, I would suggest calling them.  What happened to me is they sent me an email and I never check the email account that I provided for them.  I had the email sitting there.  It was my fault.  Also, it was in my junk mail.  If you have high filters then you might not get the information that they are providing for you.  If you didn't get something, I know for a fact that there is an answer because I have worked with the people here.

Yvonne