Complaint Review: American Cash Awards

• Updated: Tue, July 03, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Small Town Michigan United States of America
American Cash Awards
Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

American Cash Awards John Glob ,Attorney, I was advised that I was the winner of 7 MILLION dollars and a Mercedes Benz Las Vegas, Nevada

American Cash Awards somehow obtained my cellular phone number.   The man who called me calls himself John Glob.  He sounds very plesant and starts the conversation off by saying "Is this (your name)?".  I Replied yes.  He then asked me if he had my home address correct and it was!  By the way... my numer is unlisted.

Anyway, John then went on to say "Congradulations Mrs. (name)! You have been chosen the winner of a major cash prize of 7 Million dollars and a Mercedez Benz!"  I asked him how he got my information and he said it was because I was a valued shopper at Walmart.

I asked him what the catch was and John told me there was no catch and all we had to do was set up a date for delivery of my "Prizes" and asked when a good day would be.  I told him about a week later and he said it needed to be sooner, but I told him that would be impossible. I will skip the drawn out details of that part of the conversation.

John finally agreed to do everything a week later and set up a time of day to expect him to arrive at my home address at a specific time with a UPS Delivery Team and 2 US Marshalls as well as himself (because he is the Attorney handeling my case) and all of us would go to my bank together to deposit the check into my account.

By the way John also asked me if I wanted this to remain private or if he could include the media and bring in local TV and News papers.

Finally, after all that.... the catch came into play.  John informed me that I would have to go to the closest CVS or Walmart to purchase a money back card with $255.99 to cover the taxes on the car.  Johnn also told me that he would bring a financial advisor to help me set up my winnings to keep them secure for me.  John also told me that they work with the government and since this was a "sweepstakes winning" I would only have to pay 1% tax on the money I won instead of the regular 13% and the financial aide would help me out with that.

John asked me if he could continue to call me daily to make sure I was okay until the day he can "finally come and give you your Prizes!"  I told him that's fine..... but I did not tell him I would not take any more of his calls.

I truely hope these types of crimes can be stopped!!!  This is their second attempt to do this to me.  Their first attempt was about a month ago.  The man calles himself James Brown.  He told me I won $250,000.00.

Since their calls come up either restricted or blocked I answer them only because a have friends who have their phones blocked.  The downside is that I just found out that their calls cost me fees for out of the country calls, as I found out they are calling from Jamaica!!!!

Hopefully everyone they contact does the same resurch I did instead of falling into their scams!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2012 11:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Cash-Awards/Las-Vegas-Nevada-/American-Cash-Awards-John-Glob-Attorney-I-was-advised-that-I-was-the-winner-of-7-MILLION-906579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Cash Awards