patients

• Updated: Thu, February 20, 2014

• Reported By: John — Birmingham Alabama
American Credit Legal Services
401 Independence Dr. Washington, Dist of Columbia USA

American Credit Legal Services ACL, ACS Threatening call at work; inaccurate information; falsified address Washington District of Columbia

I have had several calls left on my voice message AT WORK from a Chas Kramer--different voice each time.  They all claim to be from an ACS or ACL, when you can understand their words, that is.  Today, I happened to be in the office when the call came in and spoke with "Chas" (yet another different accent for him).

Chas claimed that i owed an account. Having had a few run-ins with debt collectors over the years, I am pretty familiar with the FDCPA requirements.  I asked politely that he forward the information to me via registered or at least certified mail as per the FDCPA guidelines.  Chas offered to send it email. I reminded him that it is federal law that when asked he has to send it via the mail.  I offered him the helpful advice that if his company had not told him of the FDCPA requirements, he should learn them as he can be sued along with his company for violating them. He asked to send it to a fax; I requested it be sent registered mail.

He told me that he would have to get his supervisor.  As he was "transferring me," I could still here vague talking and breathing in the back ground, making it seem like he was just holding the line until he could get his supervisor.  His supervisor with a decidely Indian accent introduced himself as Bryan McDaniel.

I told Bryan that I needed his company's address to send a written request for verification of the debt.  He gave me 401 Indepedence Drive in Washington DC.  The only 401 Independence in Washington is actually 401 Independence Avenue, and it is the National Indian Museum.  I told him I would send the request and await their reply in writing within 30 days.

Now, I just have to wait and see if they call yet again. Clearly, it's a scam waiting to happen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2014 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Credit-Legal-Services/Washington-Dist-of-Columbia-38005/American-Credit-Legal-Services-ACL-ACS-Threatening-call-at-work-inaccurate-information-1125199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Credit Legal Services