Complaint Review: American Express Blue Bird Prepaid Card

• Updated: Fri, February 15, 2013

• Reported By: Margie — Giddings Texas United States of America
American Express Blue Bird Prepaid Card
Internet, Texas United States of America

American Express Blue Bird Prepaid Card Gave false advertising about depositing Federal Refunds Internet, Texas

*Consumer Comment: It can be done!

I got the Bluebird Debit card for only one reason. To deposit my Federal Refund on it. It was only after I had filed my taxes that I found out they did not accept any government checks. It even said on the sign at WalMart where I bought the card that "The Easy Way To Load Your Income Tax". I only found out they didn't do so when I was told by the IRS. It is nowhere on the direct deposit form that they give you to fill out. This is the only card that does not accept any Federal Income Checks.

I have never had so much trouble with any other card as I do this one and I suggest that no one purchase this card if you have plans to deposit any money on it. It is too much of a hassle to deal with this card and the people that I talked too couldn't give me a straight answer about anything.

Be careful. Learn more about this card. You wont like what you find out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Express-Blue-Bird-Prepaid-Card/Internet-Texas-/American-Express-Blue-Bird-Prepaid-Card-Gave-false-advertising-about-depositing-Federal-R-1010481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Express Blue Bird Prepaid Card

It can be done!

AUTHOR: hylifavrd - (United States of America)

I read in the member agreement that no they dont do tax refunds on direct deposit! BUT, I filed my taxes through Turbo Tax this year, and they use "Santa Barbara Bank" to do their refunds that come from the IRS/Franchise Tax Board. I got my refund direct deposited to my bluebird account with no problems... The only thing I wouldnt suggest is if you need to get over $500 out in one day upon receiving your tax refund, dont get it direct deposited to bluebird!! They only allow $500 a day to be taken out of the atm and a total of $2000.00 per month for cash withdrawals. I had $4100 and in 7 days took out $2000 to pay rent and bills etc and they cut me off... PLEASE PLEASE TO ANYONE THINKING OF GETTING THIS CARD, GO ONLINE TO BLUEBIRD.COM /FAQ BEFORE GETTING THIS CARD!!! This card is ONLY good for a teenager!!!