Complaint Review: American Express Serve

• Updated: Sat, May 11, 2013

• Reported By: AngryConsumer — Baltimore Maryland
American Express Serve
PO Box 989 St. Petersburg, Florida USA

American Express Serve refuses to assist a disabled person St. Petersburg Florida

Do not ever use American Express Prepaid debit cards! First, let me say that I am a permanently disabled person who receives SSDI. I got suckered in to using their Serve card and moved the balance of my checking account to the card and everything seemed okay, until today.

I needed some cash, so I went out to use the card at the ATM like I had many other times. Despite the fact that there was no activity on my account other than my phone bill, they said my account was suspended for suspicious activity.

While on the phone and on crutches following a recent hip surgery, they refused to let me use my card until I faxed a copy of my social security card and photo ID, even though there was no suspicious activity on my account and the representative admitted that.

So, they left me in the pouring rain during a massive thunderstorm, on crutches, with no concern for my pleas for assistance, and still refuse to release my account even though I have since faxed the information they requested. Now, I have no access to my own money until I get paid via my checking account on Tuesday, injured myself getting home because I could not afford a cab, and have left me moneyless for three entire days. American Express Prepaid does not care about their customers at all!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2013 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Express-Serve/St-Petersburg-Florida-33731-0989/American-Express-Serve-refuses-to-assist-a-disabled-person-St-Petersburg-Florida-1050178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Express Serve