Complaint Review: american express

• Updated: Thu, November 14, 2013

• Reported By: stephaspen — Los Angeles California
american express
777 American Express Way ft lauderdale, Florida USA

american express american express membership rewards program, Kenneth I. Chenault CEO of American Express in Charge Went to redeem my points and I have many. I usually redeem for southwest airlines the one I choose to travel on. I just found out today that as of Nov 5, 2013 the usual 100 points per dollar is not 166 points per dollar. Looking to use all of my points and move to a free card without a $95 annual fee I pay and a $50 fee I pay. what a total rip off to screw customers from using there points without notice. Really a selfish move for such a large conglomerate and monopoly. ft lauderdale Florida

Acquired or have left 168,000 points on my american express card and usually change them at the rate of 100 to 1 for southwest.  Since Nov 5, 2013 without notice the exchange rate for American Express Points on almost all Charges is 166 points to one dolar a 66% increase.  Why would I want fees of $150.00 annually when the exchange rate screwed me.

Such an unfair uncalled for move from such a large organization super dissapointed.

Stephanie

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2013 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/american-express/ft-lauderdale-Florida-33329/american-express-american-express-membership-rewards-program-Kenneth-I-Chenault-CEO-of-1099228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on american express