license

• Updated: Wed, August 28, 2013

• Reported By: partsguy — brea California
american express
4315 south 2700 west salt lake city, Utah USA

american express American Express facilitated a major theft from me salt lake city Utah

This is a case that probably happens all the time but the way it was handled is unbelievebale. I sold and item on Ebay.com and the customer contacted me almost 3 months later to tell me they werent happy. The item was over 400 dollars. Before I even responded I contacted ebay and they told me I didnt have to do anything because I had stated in my auction that my return policy was 14 days from time the item was recieved. Because I had the tracking information I know when the item was recieved. I explained that I didnt want an unhappy customer leaving me negative feedback as I sell stuff all the time on the website. Ebay informed me that the customer could no longer leave feedback at all because it had been over 60 days.

Feeling bad I offered the customer a partial refund and they declined stating that they wanted a full refund. Next the customer who had paid me on their American Express card through Paypal (which ebay owns) disputed the charge through paypal claiming fraud. Paypal told me I did nothing wrong and that I will not have to refund the money.

A few days later the money was taken back from me by American Express and when I called them and explained what happened they said they will do an investigation that may take up to 80 days. They did tell me that they can see no reason why it would not be ruled in my favor. *0 days later I recieved my results that they ruled in favor of the customer (for no apparent reason other than he bought it) and when I said can you at least get my item back they said they will send the buyer an email. When I recieved no response and I called American Express and went up through management as high as they would allow the last guy told me there is nothing they can do. When I explained you cant go to a department store buy something then comeback and get a refund 80 days later but say "and im going to keep the item" he said your right but im sorry there is nothing we can do. When I told him that I am going to sue him in small claims court and file a police report for facilitating a theft he said you definitely should. So I am going to do both.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2013 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/american-express/salt-lake-city-Utah-84184/american-express-American-Express-facilitated-a-major-theft-from-me-salt-lake-city-Utah-1079784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on american express