Complaint Review: american family fitness

• Updated: Wed, May 30, 2012

• Reported By: joan s — doswell Virginia United States of America
american family fitness
6337 Mechanicsville Turnpike mechanicsville, Virginia United States of America

american family fitness national fitness contract cancellation mechanicsville, Virginia

I joined American Family Fitness with a free month trial.  I was told I could cancel at anytime during the month without a reason.  When I started having health problems while working out, I contacted them as required.  I was told it would be take care of.

After about two months, I received a bill for 2 months fees.  I contacted National Fitness and was told that I hadn't cancelled my membership.  I explained the situation and was told that I had to have a doctors note as to why  had to cancel.  It took me about 3 weeks to get the note from the doctor.  I sent the note to National Fitness as was then informed that I needed to get my doctor to fill out their form.  This took another 3 weeks to get back from my doctor and sent to National Fitness.

By this time they had charged me with 3 months fees since I called and cancelled the membership.  I am now being contacted by an attorney that I still owe $99.50.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2012 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/american-family-fitness/mechanicsville-Virginia-23111/american-family-fitness-national-fitness-contract-cancellation-mechanicsville-Virginia-890741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on american family fitness