Complaint Review: American Family Insurance

• Updated: Tue, August 13, 2013

• Reported By: annonymous — Peoria Arizona
American Family Insurance
Peoria, Arizona USA

American Family Insurance Over charged for manufactured home insurance for 8 years Peoria Arizona

I have had 3 homes covered by American Family Insurance. The last one is a manufactured home that I bought for $23,000 and upgraded $7,000. When I moved from my last home I contacted them with the address change and sent them a copy of my title to my home. I found out 8 years later that they had me way over insuranced by $40,000. I have contacted them several times with no response. I discovered this when I received a letter that they where canceling my policy due to the age of the home. When talking with the new insurance company he insurced my home for $40,000. While American Family Insurance had me paying for a policy of over $80,000. The new agent explained that I didn't need a $80,000 policy for if my home was to burn down they would replace it with not a new one but yet a used one with the same value of the present home. Like a car. I feel like I have been scammed for 8 years trusting this company to make sure I had insurance and one that was a trustworthy replacement cost policy. [continued below]....

..... I have e-mailed them, called them, and no response. However, when I wanted to sign up for Auto pay I got a response ASAP. My  agents name is Sylvia Ruiz and her number is 623-412-8901. 8900. I would appreciate some help here. For I am living at poverity level as it is much less did I need to be over charged for home insurance. Thank you, Kim Kirchhofer 623-201-9153

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2013 10:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Family-Insurance/Peoria-Arizona-85345/American-Family-Insurance-Over-charged-for-manufactured-home-insurance-for-8-years-Peoria-1075293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Family Insurance