Complaint Review: American Financial

• Reported By: Angela — Pontotoc Mississippi
American Financial
1236 Pacific St. Colorado Springs, Colorado USA

American Financial stole my money Colorado Springs Colorado

I was contacted on Wednesday (11/13/13) by a man who called himself "Mack".  Stating he was with American Finance.  I had been searching online for a debt consolidation loan.    He told me that I was preapproved for a 2500.00 loan, all I would need to do is send in a $215 processing fee (using a green dot money pack).  They would not accept a debit card.   I sent in the funds, and then I was told that I had "red flags" on my credit, and to remove those it would cost another $500.  I was assured all of this money would be refunded to me.  On the 3rd phone call, I spoke with Richard William, who advised me my social security number was "flagged" and it would cost me an additional $500.  I sent this company a total of $1215 within 3 hours.

I was then provided with a false Western Union MTCN number to pick up my funds, needless to say, there was no money there.  I contacted them back immediately and spoke with an Adam Clug (he told me he was the accounting dept. manager) and that he just "fired" Richard William.  I was then told I would need to send an additional $700 for IRS tax reasons.  I refused, and asked for my money back.  Adam told me I could get half of the money back if I would send him $200.  I refused.    He told me the address was 1236 Pacific in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

I spoke to Officer Parks (Colorado Springs Police Dept.) today (11/17/13) and after doing some research he advised me that the phone numbers are "false" and this company is overseas.  He then advised me to contact the FBI (www.ic3.gov) and file an immediate report.  I will be doing that as soon as I finish this.  I consider my self to be an intelligent woman, I have a college degree, and am in a professional job.  They SCAMMED me!  If they can scam me, it can happen to anyone.

This company needs to be held accountable for all of the harm that they do to the United States citizens that they are ripping off.  I am by no means done with this.  i will take it to the highest level that I possibly can and try to have them indicted for fraud.

Anyone out there who gets a call from these people, hang up the phone immediately, or better yet, ask THEM to send YOU some money before YOU will accept the loan!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2013 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Financial/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80013/American-Financial-stole-my-money-Colorado-Springs-Colorado-1100057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Financial