Complaint Review: American Freight

American Freight
1000 Front St Vestal, New York USA

American Freight RIPOFF - NO FURNITURE...NO REFUND Vestal New York

*Author of original report: Complaint Resolved

Picked out a sofa, loveseat and tables from floor models to purchase. While processing the order I was informed they were out of stock but will have delivery in 3 weeks. Waited 3 weeks and heard nothing so I contacted the store and they couldn't give me a delivery date. After another week and a half, I checked again and they still had no delivery information. I said I wanted to cancel the order, but the assistant manager offered me a discount to wait one more week so he could get a "transfer truck" to another location to get my furniture, so I agreed. After the additionall week I was told it would be 7 - 10 more business days. Within a few days, I opted to purchase furniture from another dealer, so I went back to American Freight to cancel my order, but was informed when I got there the my furniture had arrived, although no one called me. The store manager said they could deliver after 4pm that day. So, in good faith, I opted to proceed with that purchase and cancel my order with the other store. HUGE MISTAKE!!

I went home and removed and disposed of my old furniture in anticipation of the delivery, only to be called and informed that they could not deliver until the next day because they were behind in deliveries. I had NO living room furniture at all, so I went back to the other dealer and bought the other furniture and it was delivered that evening. I called American Freight to cancel my order, and was told they could not refund my money, but would offer store credit, giving me the reason that mine was a special order. I argued that my order was not a special order, as I chose a floor model which happened to be out of stock. Then they told me that they could only give me store credit because its considered a special order if they send a transfer truck for pick up. I did not request a transfer truck...the assistant manager offered it along with a discount to keep me from canceling my order when they couldn't deliver.

This company has basically stolen $1200 from me and I have NEVER seen the furniture in question. They couldn't get it for weeks, but when I tried to cancel, it was suddenly there, but yet they can't actually complete a delivery. I don't think the furniture even exists. I have already contacted the BBB and tomorrow I will file complaints with the Broome County District Attorny's Office as well as the NYS Attorney General.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2013 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Freight-/Vestal-New-York-13850/American-Freight-RIPOFF-NO-FURNITURENO-REFUND-Vestal-New-York-1050348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Freight

Complaint Resolved

AUTHOR: jsg - ()

After speaking with the store manager, then a manager at corporate level, I was contacted by the store manager and was offered a full refund.