Complaint Review: American Freight Furniture Liquidators

• Submitted: Thu, January 27, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, October 02, 2011

• Reported By: Joe **** Consumer Advocate/Publ — Florida United States of America
American Freight Furniture Liquidators
2193 Viscount Row Orlando, Florida United States of America

American Freight Furniture Liquidators Steven Joel Belford President and CEO Orlando, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

*Author of original report: American Freight Steven Joel Belford Owner and Wessel

I recieved a phone call on 6/26/2011 at 6:21 pm from Mr.Stephen Joel Belford owner and president of American Freight.First Mr.Belford called me on his cell phone and it came thru as a private number.This was my first indicator that I was being called by a slime ball.Second he made a threat that he was going to sue me for harassment pertaining to several postings on the internet about him and his company American Freight.Third he then hung up leaving no return phone number.Another sign of a slime ball.

I returned his phone call today and contacted his office as any professional would and left my number for him to call me back.Once again he called back on a private cell phone number just like the slime ball he is. Mr.Belford is the type of individual that says everything and dosen't allow the individual at the other end of the line to say much of anything then he hangs up.From everything that I know about individuals of his mind set he suffers from wanting to be in complete control of people and having a self esteem problem.I've found this person to be rude and arrogant both of the times I have the unpleasurable experience of talking with him on the phone.

Mr.Belford assumes alot with out facts or evidence and he has just proven it by his assumption and threats to me personally because he thinks I'm the one that has posted statements about him and American Freight.

It's obvious Mr.Belford dosen't know how to do anything but threaten people when he dosen't like what they say about him. He is quick when it comes to spouting words out of his mouth but the mind dosen't seem to operate very well with his mouth otherwise he wouldn't hang the phone up on people he has called so quickly.Mr. Belford appears to be the type of individual that's assumes he can intimidate and steam roll right over people when he feels his backed into a cornor. Like a scared dog he barks loud but dosen't have the A_ _ to back it up and he knows this,that's why he barks so loud. I really feel sorry for this misguided individual and anyone that works for him let alone the public.

My personal opinion is the public and potential employee's should think twice before spending your money with this company or working for this company.

If this progresses any further than Mr.Belfords bark I will publish further what he is up to. Right now there is no telling how far Mr.Belford might take this because he sounded very mad and frustrated on the phone and people do strange things against people now days when they can't shut us up. Steve Belford could be a threat to my lifeby the way he stated that he knows where I live and then made sure he read my address out lond to me as if he was making a threat against me or my life indirectly. Now only time will tell just what this individual is capable of.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2011 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Freight-Furniture-Liquidators/Orlando-Florida-/American-Freight-Furniture-Liquidators-Steven-Joel-Belford-President-and-CEO-Orlando-Flo-687693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Freight Furniture Liquidators

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

AUTHOR: Chris - (United States of America)

I'm sorry to hear that you have such a negative opinion about our company.  I want you to hear my experience with this company.  I hope it might change the way you speak/blog about us.

When I started working for this company I was a full time student at Florida State University.  I heard about American Freight through an old high school friend who was running their location in Tallahassee.  He would always tell me stories about how fast the company was growing and how well they treated their employees.  I finally gave in during my summer break at school and told him I would give it a shot.  It is now five years later and I am still "on board".

During my last few years in college I began to realize that the economy was going down and began to worry about finding a job with my degree. Words cannot express how grateful I am to have found my job.  I have countless friends that have graduated college and cannot find a decent job due to the shortage of positions available.  The part that concerns me the most about your posts is that you are trying to take away the fundamental component of our company...the customers.  I'm not sure if you work for another furniture company or if you are a disgruntled ex-employee that is looking for peace of mind, but please consider the hundreds of hardworking and faithful employees that depend on these potential customers you are working so hard to push away.

The common misconception about our company is that we have bad reviews.  A majority of the bad reviews we have are posted on the internet before we even had a chance the address the problem.  Almost all of these customers have been satisfied and continue to shop with us.  The truth of the matter is that in order for us to offer such low prices we have to do a higher volume of business. A higher volume of business results in more transactions, more customers, more shipments...etc.  The only drawback to this business model is that this high volume of business coincides with a higher margin of error.

Think about this for a minute, if we have a quarter of the margin of a certain retail store, this means we have to sell the product four more times as often to generate the same profit.  Between the customer and salesman relationship, the warehouse laborers loading and unloading the product, and the delivery drivers getting the product to the customer's house...etc the probability of something going wrong during the course of a day is four times higher than the retail store that is selling the same product with four times the markup.  Due to this, the employee's that work for this company must train very hard to prevent mistakes and, most importantly, how to address a problem when it does happen.  (If you are reading this and you are searching for a job that is never boring come see me!  We are always searching for new talent!)

I now manage the Tallahassee location and am constantly trying to figure out what is driving the customers through our doors.  We ask every customer that walks into our store how they what brought them in.  I have been keeping a personal log of answers to this question and have learned that 9 out of 10 of our customers were either referred by someone else or have shopped with us before.  The owners of this company have been running a very big campaign to encourage their employees to promote good customer service.  They remind us everyday that it is the customers that keep us growing.  We excel, not by bad mouthing our competition, but by taking care of our customers.  Ask any person in Tallahassee where the best place is to buy furniture and I guarantee they will mention American Freight!  We are located at 3170 West Tharpe St next to Safelight Autoglass and Roslund's Body Shop.

Christopher Botero

American Freight Steven Joel Belford Owner and Wessel

AUTHOR: Joe Holloway Consumer Advocate/Publ - (United States of America)

For everyone's information, if you cannot contact Mr. Steven JoelBelford the wesseldirectly due to corporate red tape and the individuals withinhis company not allowing you to speak to Mr. Belford the wessel, here ishis homecontact information in which you can write to his home directly pertaining to any and all matters you may have.

For everyone's information Steven Belford is the President of American Freight and lives at 4635 Beecher Ct New Albany Ohio 43054.His full name is Steven Joel Belford. The home is located in the New Albany Country Culb section 1 lot 21 of the Franklin County.

Good luck to anyone having dealings of any kind with this company and it's owner.Buyers should beware and research this company before you decide to waste your money with this company.Read the Complaints of others on both the Ripoff Report and Consumer Pissed.com and you can see what other consumers have experienced. Now with that being said take in account how many other people have just given up and never posted anything on the internet.