Complaint Review: American Freight

• Reported By: Leslie — Birmingham Alabama United States of America
American Freight
3260 Morrow Road Birmingham, Alabama United States of America

American Freight Delivery Problem and Poor Customer Service Birmingham, Alabama

On Saturday 2/9/13 I purchase a sofa and love seat set from American Freight and indicated that I wanted it delivered on Wednesday, 2/13/13.  By 4pm when I still didn't receive my furniture I call the showroom and got the run-around.  I called again at 6pm to which I was told that they would contact the driver and driver would call me.  After an hour of no response I called the showroom and after a back an forth I agreed to have the furniture delivered on Saturday, 2/16/13, but with the promise that I would be the first delivery.  When at 11am on Saturday I still didn't have any furniture I called the showroom and told them I wanted a refund because the company didn't not deliever my furniture.  After a back and forth I was hung up on.  I promptly went to the show and demanded a refund.  Again I was given the run around and was given a 3 table set for my "inconvience" and their "screw up".  They promised that my furniture would be delivered.  Still without furniture, I call at 6pm to see what was the problem.  I was told that they would have the driver contact me.  When the driver did call me he short and told me "I am not the only one who did not get their furniture today".  I didn't receive the furniture until 8pm and when I did I had my father instruct them on how to get my sofa into the apartment.  American Freight in beyond unprofessional and the contracted delivery service they use is unreliable.  Although I did receive my furniture, with minor defeats, it shouldn't have taken two days and me constanly calling the showroom.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Freight/Birmingham-Alabama-/American-Freight-Delivery-Problem-and-Poor-Customer-Service-Birmingham-Alabama-1015671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Freight