Complaint Review: American Freight

• Updated: Thu, March 06, 2014

• Reported By: Mary — Rossville Georgia
American Freight
6242 Perimeter Dr Chattanooga, Tennessee USA

American Freight is nothing but a bait and switch operation Chattanooga Tennessee

This is by far the worst shopping experience of my life. On February 17th I went in this store and paid $1,415.88 in CASH for a 5 piece bedroom set and a 5 piece kitchen table set. I had a promise date of delivery for February 22nd. I called on the 22nd and spoke with “Jack” the “manager” and was told that neither item was in. He offered me another bedroom set that was $400 more than the one I had picked out and said I could have it at the same price.

After work I headed to the store and when I got there he stated that he didn’t have that set either and he would not be able to “eat the cost” of the more expensive set. When I was persistent about getting what he offered me on the phone, he got loud and started cussing at me asking me, “What do you not f****** understand?” When I told him I would just like to get my money back he said I had to wait for 2-3 weeks for a corporate check, even though I paid in cash. He refused to give me the corporate number. After finding it on my own, I called for a week and left my name and number with no return call. I finally got someone to answer and they were of NO help either. The lady even hung up on me when I was trying to tell her of my concerns.

When I told my parents how I had been treated, my dad said he would go in with me to see if he could get my money back. My dad started warning other customers of their business practices and Jack threatened to call the cops. My dad decided to call them himself. One of their employees told us that the cops had been there 5 times already this week due to angry customers. Jack said that my dad had threatened him, which never happened. The officer did not believe his claims and he took a report from us but said sadly there was nothing he could do to get my money back as they don’t handle that.

I just read all the reviews on google, which has a 1.8 rating, and one of the “responses from owner” states, “I spoke with our regional manager about this issue. He reiterated that we would be more than happy to refund you for the price difference. However, when you pay with a card our return policy requires that the refund come back in the way it was paid…” If this is their policy, then why can’t I get my CASH back? Why do I have to wait 2-3 weeks for a corporate check?  PLEASE, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE!!! This is nothing but a bait and switch operation!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2014 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Freight/Chattanooga-Tennessee-37421/American-Freight-is-nothing-but-a-bait-and-switch-operation-Chattanooga-Tennessee-1127708. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Freight