- Report: #1052983
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: American General DES Life Insurance Company
American General DES Life Insurance Company2727 Allen Pkwy, Houston, Texas USA
American General DES Life Insurance Company Trying to cash out old policies being hit with advertising instead. Houston Texas
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I have been paying on two life insurance policies for a total of 55 years. My needs having changed, I attempted to research the status of these policies. There are a number of barriers to doing this in a straighforward manner. 1.Apparently the Company is reluctant to go down on paper and so ignores their own e-mail contact mechanism.
2. Telephone contact with their New York (and not Houston) office revealed that the policy numbers have been changed since my last contact in 2007 making it appear that they did not exist. I informed that they DO exist to the point that American General DES ahs been extracting money from my bank account each month since 1961 on one police and 1978 on the other. I finally obtained an admission that the policies exist and not wishing to go through this process again asked about terminating them and obtaining a cash value. I was given the surrender values of these polidies and the understanding that these are the amounts that would be sent to me upon request. I declined excess tax withholding and did not stipulate overnight delivery at extra expense.
I have received no written confirmation of the above transactions. It appears that the policies went through a process of termination (web page) but the only communication I have received from American General DES have been Billings for the policies and advertisements for still more insurance policies. These arrive on an almost daily basis.
I am wondering if American General Life Insurance has a policy that they conduct business of this sort through litigation rather than transparent adherence to the letter of their policies. There is vague language in their fax window regarding possibly not actually surrendering the full value of the policies- a circumstance that would pretty much guarantee routinely answering lawsuits.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-General-DES-Life-Insurance-Company/Houston-Texas-77019/American-General-DES-Life-Insurance-Company-Trying-to-cash-out-old-policies-being-hit-wi-1052983. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.