Complaint Review: american grants department

• Updated: Fri, April 27, 2012

• Reported By: Louie — Santa Ana California United States of America
american grants department
200 independence ave Washington DC, Washington DC United States of America

american grants department Offering grants worth 47,000 Washington DC, Washington DC

*Consumer Comment: Sure

I was contacted by this company.
I was offered a grant by the IRS Because I do my taxes on time
according to them. this is considered free money and I could do whatever I need to do with that money.
they told me that I need it to summit money for all their fees in order to receive my grant.
after submitting a bunch of money they keep adding more fees into it.
that's when I knew it was some kind of scam. I try to retrieve my money back but they denied everything
they said it was all legal and that they work for the government and that there is no refunds.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2012 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/american-grants-department/Washington-DC-Washington-DC-/american-grants-department-Offering-grants-worth-47000-Washington-DC-Washington-DC-874426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on american grants department

Sure

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

It is an obvious scam. They lured you in using your greediness. You got caught and paid for the price. The scam won't work if the target is not greedy or has some senses of what's going on in lives. Hope you learn from it next time when anyone else comes to you and said "You are eligible for BIG money but give me some money before I give the BIG money to you." Isn't that obvious?