Complaint Review: American Health Association

• Updated: Wed, March 05, 2003

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
American Health Association
Stanford, Connecticut U.S.A.

American Health Association - claiming to give away a camera for free ripoff scam Stanford Connecticut

*Author of original report: American Homeowners Association

In their e-mail they don't list a street address nor a telephone address. They do show a logo for the BBB, yet when I contacted them they have no record of any such company.

When I clicked to recieve more information, I got an instant reply, thanking me for signing up for their service, which was not my intention.

I had previously blocked their e-mail address from my server but they just dropped one letter in their address and sent another. That's when I wanted to see if I could get more info as to where they where located and such. All I got was the response to thank me for joining.

They where claiming to give away a camera for free, except for shipping charges but I never gave them my card number nor checking acc't number.

No other checks so far have shown that the company by that name exsists. The reply didn't come from the e-mail address listed it came from reply-BRD_12368920-226484@balrog.bluerockdove.com within seconds of clicking to get more info, not requesting to join.

Robert
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2003 11:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Health-Association/Stanford-Connecticut-06905/American-Health-Association-claiming-to-give-away-a-camera-for-free-ripoff-scam-Stanford-48005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Health Association

American Homeowners Association

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

My apologies to the AHA found out that it was a solicitor that is using their name trying to get peoples e-mail addresses for other purposes. The company that I traced the IP number to is registered to outbound1-lamailer.com also DBA as DealsFromtheWeb.com they use various other names and are on numerous blacklists and rip-off lists. So again my apology to AHA which the first e-mail listed them as AMerican Halth Association, but the real name is American Homeowners Association. At times I dread opening my e-mail but in general have found some of the companies are innocent and don't even know these other companies are doing this.