Complaint Review: american heartland

• Updated: Sat, January 05, 2013

• Reported By: brad — joliet Illinois United States of America
american heartland
5700 old orchard rd. skokie, Illinois United States of America

american heartland ueg american heartland is a bad insurance company! skokie, Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Call YOUR insurance company

My vehicle was rear-ended by a person who was insured by american heartland. when i reported the accident to american heartland i was given a claim # and assigned an agent.

after a week went by  i attempted to speak mark (assigned adjuster) and was sent to a voice mail that was full. I kept calling back. finally I reached mark. he claimed he was waiting for his client to contact him. i contacted the client myself and had him call his ins. co

after another week went by I again called american heartland . and was informed that they were waiting for an address change correction from there client. this went on for two weeks.  I recieved notice in the mail stating that the claime was dismissed because of material misrepresentation on behalf of their client.

This ins co. has recieved nothing but bad reviews from other victims and the better business bureau. I would hope that there are others and/or attorneys that would like to form a class action suit. any one that wishes to file a complaint , I urge you to do so with the better business bureau , and the illinois department of insurance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2013 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/american-heartland/skokie-Illinois-60077/american-heartland-ueg-american-heartland-is-a-bad-insurance-company-skokie-Illinois-991797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on american heartland

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Call YOUR insurance company

AUTHOR: ashlybee - (United States of America)

I would suggest calling your insurance company to assist. I know that the accident was not your fault and the other person's is paying, but being someone that has worked in the business and been in the situation you are in your insurance can help. I was in rear-end accident and they guys company was crap. I called my company told them the issue and they pretty much took over for me. I got a call from someone wanting to appraise the vehicle within a day.

Another helpful tip** Go get your own estimates. You will proably need 3. And depending on your states laws (Im in Texas) you dont have to take it to their "preferred" shop. Here in Texas we have the right to take it to any shop that we choose.

If they continue to be difficult, contact the states insurance comissioner and complain. I know this is a pain in the butt but dont give up! Some compaines want to be hard to deal with so the person just says forget it and deals with it in whatever way they can

I wish you the best of luck.

*Ps Heartland is a pretty difficult company to work with just with my experience working for another company trying to get claims out of them

impressed