Complaint Review: American Home Shield (AHS)

• Submitted: Mon, February 27, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 27, 2012

• Reported By: James in Cordova — Cordova Tennessee United States of America
American Home Shield (AHS)
Memphis, Tennessee United States of America

American Home Shield (AHS) Unauthorized Charges to Wells Fargo Mortgage Memphis, Tennessee

I was getting calls at work almost daily from individuals stating they were calling on behalf of Wells Fargo to let me know about a "fantastic home warranty offer" for Wells Fargo customers. I told them I was not interested repeatedly but they still kept on calling.

I finally told one of their reps that if the offer was so great then send me something in writing and I'll let you know if I'm interested. The person said they would and that no charges would be incurred unless I called them to continue the warranty. I made it very clear that I was in no way agreeing to their program and had their rep repeat back to me that there would be no charges incurred unless I called them back.

I received their package today and the first thing I noticed was a line that read "You have selected the monthly billing option." I called Wells Fargo and they stated that AHS had indeed submitted a billing request to be charged along with my monthly mortgage payment. I asked that a stop payment be put on the billing request but the Wells Fargo Rep referred me to AHS to get the request cancelled. They did say they would put me on their "do not call" list though. How nice of them.

I called AHS and their billing office said they would cancel the contract. I told her there was no agreement so there was no contract to cancel, that the charge was unauthorized and needed to be cancelled. I have a funny feeling that they intended to impose contract cancellation fee. I'll have to wait to see if charges continue. Something tells me this is not over yet.

This is a horribly unethical company if this is the way they go about hooking customers. With all the problems in the housing market today the last thing this country needs is bottom feeding scum like this. They should be forced out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2012 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield-AHS/Memphis-Tennessee-/American-Home-Shield-AHS-Unauthorized-Charges-to-Wells-Fargo-Mortgage-Memphis-Tennesse-845457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield (AHS)