- Report: #2069
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: american home shield
american home shieldPO 2803 Menphis, TN, CA, IA, Nationwide U.S.A.
american home shield rip-off ..home warranty company of household appliances
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Under that contract we asked that they provide service on our Spa bath tub on the second floor which leaks onto and damages the ceiling on the first floor. There is a one time fee (per service call) of $45 which was paid to the plumber when he arrived. His analysis of the situation prevented him from fixing the problem. He claimed that he could not gain access to the plumbing and that I would have to provide that, upon review of my contract it appears that AHS will provide access.
The assigned plumber called the AHS escalation line to inform them of the need for access. AHS is not honoring their obligation under the contract to provide access to the plumber. This is a particular issue that needs resolution, however, it is clear from the discussion that I had with the supervisor that their primary tact in dealing with this issue is to find ways to avoid having to honor their obligations. Examples: 1. Statement- Plumber says that he does not remove cultured marble panels to gain access to plumbing.
Fact- Panel is not cultured marble but plywood with faux marble laminate
2. Statment- Supervisor says contract does not cover access to plumbing through access panel. Fact-Section D1 of contract clearly states that AHS handles access to plumbing.
3. Statement- Supervisor says that he cannot access plumbing through ceiling or floor and that he knows this because he has been handling phone calls for several years. Fact- Supervisor has no data to support that assertion as he is in Memphis TN, it is obvious to me that the water spots on the ceiling are coming from the bath directly overhead, ergo, unobstructed access is available through the ceiling.
4. Statement-Supervisor claims that cited panel is not an access panel. Fact- It is obvious that this panel is the ONLY access panel on the whole unit.
5. Statement- Plumber says there is nothing he can do to troubleshoot the problem without access. Fact-I have second opinion from same plumbing company that first level analysis does not require removal of the access panel.
It is clear that the AHS process is to avoid costs by not honoring the contract and obfuscating the facts in the hyperbole of the contract, i.e. there is only one interpretation of the contract the supervisors.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/american-home-shield/Menphis-TN-CA-IA-Nationwide-38101/american-home-shield-rip-off-home-warranty-company-of-household-appliances-2069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.