Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• Reported By: Ikki — Scottsdale Arizona
American Home Shield
PO Box 747 Carroll, Iowa USA

American Home Shield AVOID American Home Shield at all costs! Carroll Iowa

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! Bought a policy when i bought my new home and all was good, then 2 years later my washer started leaking and i called. I was told that my washer was not covered! Apparently when i signed up with them it was not a blanket policy that covered all my appliances and item, but it only covered my *Top 10*, so only 10 item could be covered and my washer wasn't one of them. I told them that i never picked a top 10 and knew nothing about it and what were they? 1. a/c including duct-work, 2. Dishwasher, 3. Garbage disposal. 4. Water heater, 5. Plumbing, 6. Dryer, 7. Electrical, 8. Heating inducing duct-work,  9. Built-in Microwave and 10. Ranges/Ovens/Stove-tops. So my first question was who picked these for me and why would a/c and heat be 2 different items since they are the same machine? and why would i pick electrical and no my washing machine? I was blown away and very upset, when i asked them to fix my policy since i never picked a top 10, they told me that i would have to cancel this policy and buy a new one to add the washer, but the washer would have to be fixed beforehand and i would have to send them proof. So i fired them on the spot, and now they are sending me bills for the remainder of the contract which they broke. NEVER GETTING ANOTHER CENT FROM ME!!! Keep sending the bills guys, they will never be paid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2013 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/Carroll-Iowa-51401/American-Home-Shield-AVOID-American-Home-Shield-at-all-costs-Carroll-Iowa-1096738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield