Complaint Review: american home shield

• Updated: Sun, November 11, 2012

• Reported By: phyllis — jacksonville Florida United States of America
american home shield
p.o. box 17866, memphis, Tennessee United States of America

american home shield cancelled my contract due to "too many service requests" memphis, Tennessee

i've had American Home Shield, home warrenty company for 17 years.  they renewed my contract for 10/16/12-10/16/13.  i have the contract in hand, yet when i called to request service, they told me they cancelled my contract.  a woman, brigette, told me it was because of too many service requests.   she refused to let me speak to the "legal dept.", whom she said made this decision.

i asked to speak to her supervisor, she let me speak to a man named cody.  cody told me i was cancelled, but not because of too many service requests, and that brigette should have not told me that, and that he would coach her on her mistake.  brigette read it to me off of her computer. my contract states that american home shield cannot cancel my contract unless i commit fraud or non-payment.  my payments are automatically charged monthly to my credit card.  when i informed cody of this, he told me this is not a "real" contract.  the contract has a new contract #, with the effective dates, all of my information, and signed by STEVE BURNETT, chief marketing manager.  cody cpuld not give me a reason why it was cancelled.  i think brigette told me the truth and cody lied to me.

i was talked to like i did something criminal, no one wanted to give me an explanation, the original person i spoke to told me, "it's cancelled and there's nothing you can do".

AMS boasts that they spent $3 billion providing services to their customers.  they make examples; mrs so and so, saved $10,000 by using ams.  yet, they do not tell you they will cancel your contract if you use the warrenty too much.   i have recommended this company to friends and family, but i will tell them not to renew their warrenty with such a company.  we have been loyal customers, shame on them and i will write on social media about them.

i did contact them in writing...no answer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2012 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/american-home-shield/memphis-Tennessee-38187/american-home-shield-cancelled-my-contract-due-to-too-many-service-requests-memphis-Te-967819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on american home shield