Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• Updated: Wed, September 19, 2012

• Reported By: Weremaley — port st lucie Florida United States of America
American Home Shield
memphis memphis, Tennessee United States of America

American Home Shield Wont pay out ever if they can find a way around it. memphis , Tennessee

After reading through our coverages my wife and I were very excited about the coverages for our new home.  We were buying a short sale and knew there could be problems because the house had been sitting empty and for extra money they would cover the pool which we admittedly know nothing about.  we had our initial inspection which turned up a couple thing that I fixed because I knew they were broken.  After about 2 weeks of owning our house we realized the spa pump wasn't working.  The pool had been green when we purchased the home the inspector had tried all the pumps just to see if they worked and they had at the time.  When I called American home shield to say there was a problem they were very quick to send someone out and then about 45 min later thank you for the extra 100 dollars we don't cover that.  Apparently somewhere in the 2 months before we purchased the house when it was empty the pump froze up cause it wasn't running because the pool was green.  I thought this was why you buy a home warranty was to fix things that may break and be unexpected.  I tried to get a second opinion and was wold there was no one that could do that here.  It would have been about a 400 dollar repair but because they deemed I should have known or it was foreseeable that it was my fault and they don't cover it.  After reading there contract they really don't have to cover anything for the first few month. And if it breaks later and they deem that you were neglectful with maintenance they don't cover it.  Its worse than a health insurance policy they actually have written into there contracts ways to get out of just about everything you could need or paid them for.  The moral hazard lies within this company and the unsuspecting homeowners that give them money.  I was lucky that the first issue I had allowed me to get a full refund I am sure that there are lots of people out there that haven't been a s lucky.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2012 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/memphis-Tennessee-/American-Home-Shield-Wont-pay-out-ever-if-they-can-find-a-way-around-it-memphis-Tennes-943412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield