Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• Reported By: EmmEye — Houston Texas
American Home Shield
860 Ridge Lake Blvd. Memphis, Tennessee USA

American Home Shield Denial of covered service Memphis Tennessee

First and foremost, if you are here looking for home warranty companies, do yourself a great favor, STAY AWAY from AMERICAN HOME SHIELD.

Here is my experience with this company:

One moring I had an electrical outage in my neighborhood and when the power was restored, my pool control panel was not working. My pool company electrician looked at it and told that one of the power lines coming into the panel got burnt and the breaker lugs that hold the breakers has to be replaced.

I called American Home Shield and asked about my coverage and they said the electrical problems are covered. Note, I have included my pool also in my coverage. AHS sent one local contractor who came by and told that he cannot do anything and another company will take care of this. The second company electrician came after 3 days  and had one quick look at the panel and started telling me things which are not related to the problem. [continued below]....

..... He stated that my system was not built per code (my house is only 5 years old and I am not in a city limit where code applies), and I have to sign an undertaking and the repair may not be covered by insurance and I will have to pay on my own.

I sensed that this guy is trying to make extra money out of me. I called AHS and asked for another contractor to get a second opinion and AHS refused. I explained to them about the state of my pool which is now getting worse day by day, and asked them to send another electrician to repair the problem. Three days later (by now, it has been 2 weeks) AHS representative called and told me that they will not cover the problem. The reason given to me was overload. I told them that the breaker did not trip, so it is not overload. Then the lady told the reason for denial is power surge. But, there is nothing in the contract that says that power surge is not covered. Just $200 worh of repair was denied by AHS and I was dragged through this hassle for 2 weeks.

I promptly called AHS and canceled my contract.

Please stay away form American Home Shield and save your money, time and more than anything, your peace of mind.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/Memphis-Tennessee-38135/American-Home-Shield-Denial-of-covered-service-Memphis-Tennessee-1054339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield