Complaint Review: American HVAC Parts.com

• Submitted: Wed, March 12, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 13, 2011

• Reported By:Colfax California
American HVAC Parts.com
10234 4th St. Rancho Cucamonga, California U.S.A.

Americanhvacparts.com American HVAC Parts.com United Parts Distributors False advertising, Poor Customer Service, Fraud Rancho Cucamonga California

*Consumer Comment: I find the owner's rebuttal hard to believe!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal to customer complaint - Customer refunded 100% - Unfounded complaint

AmericanHVACparts.com AKA United Parts Distributors of Rancho Cucamonga, CA can not be trusted. I ordered a part form them and they shipped the wrong one. It was clearly different than the one described on their web site.

Now... their return policy states there may be a 25% restocking fee on returned items. I guess this is the case even if you're returning a product due to their mistake/false advertising.

After a numerous attempts to get them to return it they finally agreed so I shipped it back. I dealt with Amanda and she was as unhelpful at anyone I've ever dealt with. On the phone she stated they would waive the 25% fee.

5 weeks later I received a check for the price of the item minus 25% and also minus sales tax. They charged me sales tax for an item I returned and they charged me 25% for their mistake.

Their customer service is atrocious! I still can not get them to recognize their mistake and they will not refund my money. I overheard another service rep while I was on hold. He was resisting another customers request for a return. Sounds like common practice for them!

American HVAC Parts.com is incompetent and unethical. Charging the customer for their mistake, charging sales tax for an item that was returned and denying any wrong doing is their normal routine. After doing more research their prices aren't that great either. BEWARE!

Gilligan
Colfax, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2008 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-HVAC-Partscom/Rancho-Cucamonga-California-91730/Americanhvacpartscom-American-HVAC-Partscom-United-Parts-Distributors-False-advertising-317326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American HVAC Parts.com

I find the owner's rebuttal hard to believe!

AUTHOR: Jeanene - (United States of America)

I find it hard to believe that this complaint is unfounded since I had a very similar experience with this company as recently as last week (6/10/2011)!  I ordered a part from AmericanHVACparts over the phone, and they shipped the wrong part.  Now they are refusing to take it back!  I plan on calling them again this week, and filing several reports of my own on this website, the Better Business Bureaux, the local new station's website, and and any other consumer websites I can find.  The way this company handles customer service is absolutely ridiculous!  I have never dealt with a company this unprofessional and crooked in all my life!  BUYER BEWARE!  Do NOT do business with this company!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal to customer complaint - Customer refunded 100% - Unfounded complaint

AUTHOR: American Hvac Parts - (U.S.A.)

American HVAC Parts strives to give complete customer satisfaction, and provides free technical support. This particular problem was a result of a lack of communication with the customer providing proper model/serial numbers to our staff, and the part was returned. It is our policy to charge a 25% restocking fee when the customer returns a part that was ordered incorrectly, however this customer was eventually refunded 100% of his payment, and the case was closed.