Complaint Review: American Institute of Consumer Studies

• Updated: Sat, October 26, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Ft. Lauderdale Florida
American Institute of Consumer Studies
18 Campus Blvd., Ste. 100 NewtonSquare, Pennsylvania USA

American Institute of Consumer Studies Sonja Wade, Training & Recruiting Coordinator Field Interview work- working for free NewtonSquare Pennsylvania

AICS field Interviewer Position.

I've done Field Interviewing previously for a reputable company & enjoyed it. So I applied & did 2 phone interviews, a supposed background check & was waiting to hear back regarding the skills assessment. The scam was getting you to do interviewing for free.

Prior to mention of the Skills Assessment portion of the process, I was originally misled saying I'd be paid to "tag along" with another FI for a day & would receive $75. I waited a couple weeks to hear back regarding the skills assessment portion. Then they finally got back into contact with me. But this time the pay wasn't mentioned, just that I needed to get the 10 interviews which is very tough because you're going door-to-door and the people don't know anything about the study, who you are, nothing. (just showing up out of the blue) Plus the story was different this time because originally I was told one day's work, with another interviewer, & $75.

I assumed I'd still get paid the $75 & went out to interview. I managed to get 9 interviews after 3 separate trips. I tried calling to let them know I could only get 9 and they never called back. So I tried the next day. They ignored that call also. I called at the end of the day with a sharp tone explaining I had left several messages & put in hours of work & would appreciate a call-back. Ten minutes later, Sonja was back in touch with me. She apologized for my being misled in being paid which I felt at that time was purposely done. She advised me to send materials back.

I didn't because I had a very bad feeling about this company. I've learned to verify things upfront such as the pay. I'm very angry I was taken advantage of, my time & money. Also, I should have known I shouldn't jump through so many hoops for a job. I'll take it as a learning experience & will google companies I"m unsure of in the future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Institute-of-Consumer-Studies/-NewtonSquare-Pennsylvania-19073/American-Institute-of-Consumer-Studies-Sonja-Wade-Training-Recruiting-Coordinator-Fiel-1090225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Institute of Consumer Studies