Complaint Review: american insurance life

• Updated: Thu, June 12, 2014

• Reported By: sikma — granite falls Washington
american insurance life
mountlake terrace mountlake terrace, Washington USA

american insurance life terrible hiring practices prey on the vulnerable mountlake terrace Washington

Funny ...I went to an interview today with AIL.

I decided to check out AIL on the internet while waiting for the "powerpoint/movie" session(interview #2). Didn't realized soo many websites were filled with unhappy encounters but it made me come up with a few questions to ask them on interview #2.

"Turnover of agents in the first year?"

"Expected hours spent in a day?"

"What common factor did you see in the group of twenty of us today?"

No answer given to any of my questions in the after movie interview. Confused, I asked "wasn't I supposed to ask questions at this point?". He just looked at me and took notes. That was when I truly realized that there was something not quite 'right' here. He had gone all cold on me the second I asked my three queries.

I left feeling all weird and ruffled and when I got home I looked up AIL more thoroughly. Lot of negativity out there! Hey, I fell for the Kirby sales ploy back in the '80's and this is exactly what that felt like.

Soo... Don't take my word if you are a prospective employee just ask a few simple questions yourself before you make the final leap. This might be the job for you.

Point of interest: note that most of the comments found out here about how good AIL is seems to be written by English failures -mis-spelled words, lack of capitalization, run on sentences, etc., etc.  Just really doesn't match up to people that make a high wage in any field.

Point of interest: Look around at the people they picked out to sit with you to watch their power point -there is nothing in common with any of them. A hairstylist, a weight trainer, ex-DOC employee, an iron worker... quite a jumble of mismatched job seekers. Odd, since most fields draw people of similar traits.

Point of interest: Did you actually put an application with this company? I did not but didn't realize this until after I got home and reviewed all the app's I put in this week.

Well... I hope I have given YOU enough info to not walk into this blindly. ASK lots of questions!! If this sounds like something for you then jump on it!!!

It's not for most job seekers with limited incomes-

It’s not for me-

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2013 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/american-insurance-life/mountlake-terrace-Washington-98177/american-insurance-life-terrible-hiring-practices-prey-on-the-vulnerable-mountlake-terrac-1089413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on american insurance life