Complaint Review: American Laser Centers

• Updated: Tue, June 07, 2011

• Reported By: Eve — Waterbury Connecticut United States of America
American Laser Centers
Farmington Ave. Farmington, Connecticut United States of America

American Laser Centers Stacey We'll take your money, but forget about an appointment Farmington, Connecticut

When I first started with American Laser in Farmington, CT. it seemed to be legit.  The promise of complete hair removal in one year is ambitious, though, I was still going three years AFTER that.  Then I decided to buy a "legs" 2 for 1 package, which was an additional $2,500.00 (a bargain).    I purchased yet another 2 for 1 deal (forearms) and thought better of it and wanted to cancel that purchase.  The original consultant I met with was no longer working there and "Stacey" replaced her.  This woman is a nightmare and has NO business in a managerial position.  I phoned Stacey to tell her of my decision at which time (even though I hadn't received any treatment for that area) she told me "we do not refund purchases".  WHAT?  Are you kidding me?  I reminded her that I hadn't started treatment and she continued to repeat the same things over and over, as if I didn't hear her the first six times she said it.  I became utterly perturbed.  Then I called the Corporation and was assured that I could in fact have a refund of my purchase.  I was to be contacted by the Northeast Regional Manager.  I waited.......and waited.......you get the picture.  FINALLY after three weeks she left me a message.  I called her........and called her........and called her.......nothing.  I called Corporate again and they couldn't understand why no one was returning my call.  I called Corporate four times, by the way.  Finally after about six weeks of phone tag the Manager called me back.  She then said it would be six weeks for the paperwork to go through before I would see the credit on my account.  Then, to make matters more aggravating I had an appointment last November, which Stacey called to cancel because the overworked nurses that don't get breaks for their ten hour work days, called out sick.  Luckily I had an appointment for January, because Stacey informed me that there wasn't an appointment open until then!  They recommend you come in every 10-12 weeks for treatments.  Again Stacey and I went around in circles about the fact that people get sick and need time off.  This I understand completely, but there should be some sort of backup in place for such an occasion, and there was not.  So I had to skip that appointment and wait until January............when Stacey called to cancel my appointment because of the weather!!!  And magically there were no appointments open until March!!!  I was so irritated with her at that point (again repeating the same sentence over and over, as if I didn't hear her the first time) I never went back.  She did have one of the nurses call and tell me that I could drive out there (about 30 miles for me) and wait and they MIGHT be able to get my service done a little at a time.  Of course they had to honor the clients who already had appointments scheduled.  That was nice enough, but I had things to do, that's why my appointment was first thing in the morning.  I'm not unreasonable, I am in an appointment business myself, but always get to everyone.  They took over $8,000.00 from me and I never finished the treatments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2011 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Laser-Centers/Farmington-Connecticut-/American-Laser-Centers-Stacey-Well-take-your-money-but-forget-about-an-appointment-Farmi-737765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Laser Centers