Complaint Review: American Leisure & Easy Saver Of Encore Marketing International

• Submitted: Fri, January 29, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, January 29, 2010

• Reported By: Joy — Shelbyville Kentucky United States of America
American Leisure & Easy Saver Of Encore Marketing International
Salt Lake city, Utah United States of America

American Leisure & Easy Saver Of Encore Marketing International Easy Saver Telemarketing put charges on discover; no info. given; statement came; cancel card; is being replaced. Salt Lake city, Utah

I have been receiving telemarketing calls about every hour of the day, you get tried of answering the phone.  This call was selling magazine's, I told the gentlement I was not interested.  He insisted I listen to what he had to say.  I did, I answer again, not interested.  About a week later, I received my statement from Discover card services, and much to my surprise, I had two unknown charges posted; January 15, 2010, with $1.95 from (2) different companies.  I telephoned one of the numbers given by the companies name, Easy Saver, 800-262-6199 MD.  I asked the lady where she was located, she stated, Salt Lake City, Utah.  I stated I had two charges made on my credit card that I had not authorized and would appreciate it being removed; she did not hesitate saying, I can take care of this for you. I then stated, I have another one from AMERICAN LEISURE CLUB, phone number 877-564-8538 MD.; she replied I can cancel that one also.

I ask her, how can somone charge something to your account without your knowledge, she asked me, have you purchased anything in the past few weeks from anyone, I said yes, I was watching television, I call the number they gave out on the screen to purchased some arthritis medication from FLEXPROTEXIM, telephone number 800-610-1876 MA.  She said, "they sold your credit card NUMBER. I replied, WHAT, they can't do this, I have heard your name being sold ,but not your credit card number, she said, it is done all the time. we get calls like this every day. I telephone Discover Card services January 29, 2010; explain this situation with them and was informed I should cancel my present Discover card and have them send me a new one.  Better to be safe than sorry.  However, I was to be credited $1.95 from each company, according to lady I spoke with from EASY SAVER.  WASN't TO EASY FOR ME.  NOW I HAVE TO REPORT ALL OF MY CREDIT CARD AGAIN TO WALLET PROTECTION, WHEN I RECEIVE MY NEW CREDIT CARD.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2010 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Leisure-Easy-Saver-Of-Encore-Marketing-International/Salt-Lake-city-Utah-/American-Leisure-Easy-Saver-Of-Encore-Marketing-International-Easy-Saver-Telemarketing-p-562139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Leisure & Easy Saver Of Encore Marketing International