Complaint Review: American medical responce

• Submitted: Fri, February 17, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 17, 2012

• Reported By: mrb455 — felton California United States of America
American medical responce
P.O. Box 3429 Modesto, Ca 95353 San Fransisco, California United States of America

American medical responce Threatened collection before submitting my insurance San Fransisco, California

I had the misfortune to need a ride to the hospital with symptoms of a heart attack, American medical Response showed up. The EMT people were great, it was after that when the trouble began. I received a bill that had a form to fill out for my ins info, so I filled it out and sent it off, within 3 days or so I received a collection threat for that bill. I checked with my ins co and they said no one had submitted anything, so I called AMR two times and waited over 40 minutes each time to talk to someone and never got to before hanging up. A little while later I received another collection threat and this time I looked them up on the web and sent an email explaining things and saying I would hire an attorney if need be to get them to treat me fairly. I received an email within 1 hr saying that they had no record of my ins and that I could give it to them by email, which I did an am waiting to see what happens. I think it is bad practice for them to act this way towards me, they had my phn# and email address and could have called or sent me an email instead of just sending threats.

mrb455
Felton Ca

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2012 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-medical-responce/San-Fransisco-California-94160/American-medical-responce-Threatened-collection-before-submitting-my-insurance-San-Fransi-840836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American medical responce