Complaint Review: American Money Corporation

• Submitted: Sun, February 10, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, February 10, 2013

• Reported By: AnonymousHellhound — camp pendleton California United States of America
American Money Corporation
, Select State/Province Jamaica

American Money Corporation Sweepstakes scam. Claims I won 5.5mil and a new mercedes benz because I shop at walmart, and all I have to do is go to a weastern union and pay someone $1,500 to recieve my package. Jamaica

I got a call from Jamaica thinking it was one of my friends who lived there and was told by a Sandra Peterson that I won 5.5 million dollars and a Mercedes Benz because I shop at walmart and spend at least 3 dollars. She told me that in order to recieve my money and the car that I would have to go to a Weaster Union and send 1,500 to a Patrick Mcmulin. She also said that I should not tell anyone about our bussiness.

I knew it was a scam since sweepstakes are 1, free to enter and B, you dont have to pay to recive the winnings. I reported it to the ftc or fbi (I think both) anyways she kept calling me and my wife told her to stop calling so they changed the number they called from or blocked the number and called almost 30 times a day. this went on for a week, then a man named David Miller called me saying that I am required to answer Sandra.

I decided to keep them on me by saying yea i'll go to the weastern union tomorrow after work, and just make up an excuse as to why I couldn't so that some day someone can track them down, and I figure if they think I'm going to pay them they will not try to scam anyone else untill they get me. I recieved a call today and they said they were going to put the General Manager on, he would not state his name but said the company name is American Money Corporation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2013 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Money-Corporation/-Select-StateProvince-/American-Money-Corporation-Sweepstakes-scam-Claims-I-won-55mil-and-a-new-mercedes-benz-1011798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Money Corporation