Complaint Review: American Moving Services

• Updated: Sun, March 23, 2014

• Reported By: Girl_With_The_Gift_of_GAB — FUQUAY VARINA North Carolina
American Moving Services
harrisson st hollywood, Florida USA

American Moving Services (AMS) ****LIES!!!! I worked there and had no idea I was breaking the LAW!!! hollywood Florida

They lied in the info we were told to send with our estimates......after working there for about a month I started recieveing calls from my clients complaining. I was told to transfer the calls to Joe, our dispatch guy. It finally hit me when i noticed the coustmers kept calling for days/weeks. The complaints were never resolved. I would always hear Joe SCREAMING on the phone in the front office....i had no idea he was yelling at coustmers! I really thought I was helping people move long distances for a fair price. After I booked the moves the file went to the actual movers.......so i thought. REALLY the FIRST email we sent that said we were "AA rated with the BBB" was A LIE!!! It was another AMS out of New Mexico or something. My clients were constantly charged WAAAY more than I quoted them in my "binding quotes".

ELi and his "company" screwed me out of my last $375.00 paycheck. And Im pretty sure that I had numerous moves booked for 6 months to 1yr after I was "let go" and the company got "closed".

I worked long 9-11 hour shifts there.......I tried to assist people during what can be a very nerve-racking process. I enjoyed helping people move with a  "trustworthy, reliable, dependable and honest" service. Not only did I not get  my last pay check and  never see  a SINGLE CENT of the $$$$ that Eli/AMS made for almost 1 yr off moves I contracted. But the worst is that I made contracts in good faith and those coustmers believed me, because I believed AMS. In the end those people were RIPPED OFF, victimized and decieved. You gotta be one sick person to build a buisness of lies. disgraceful!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2014 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Moving-Services-/hollywood-Florida-33020/American-Moving-Services-AMS-LIES-I-worked-there-and-had-no-idea-I-was-breakin-1133009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Moving Services