Complaint Review: American Poets Society

• Submitted: Tue, August 24, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 24, 2004

• Reported By:hugoton Kansas
American Poets Society
600 Reistertown Road Suite 200g Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

American Poets Society ripoff dishonesty of billing Baltimore Maryland

In November of 2003 my poem "stop me from loving you" was accepted for publication in their new production "a treasury of american poetry" or something like that. I recieved a confirmation number of publication and ordered a book from this company. On 12-15-03 I wrote a check in the amount of 47.75 for the book. I never received it although the check has cleared through the bank called suntrust blt in richmond virginia. This poem in my original work and has already been made into a song through hilltop records in L.A.

I either want my money back or the book that I purchased. If this company is a fraud, we need to find a lady called maggie whitford and prosecute her and her affiliates for fraud. This must be a sad, sad world we live in for people to treat other people and their talent like trash. My confirmation "isbn" number is 0-974329-4-7 for my poem. I have e-mailed maggie several times on this matter and have gotten no results, or no emails back. Would you please help me, Thanx

Craig
hugoton, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2004 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Poets-Society/Baltimore-Maryland-21208/American-Poets-Society-ripoff-dishonesty-of-billing-Baltimore-Maryland-105182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Poets Society