Complaint Review: American Prize Reports

• Submitted: Sat, January 20, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, January 21, 2007

• Reported By:Salt Lake City Utah
American Prize Reports
P.O. Box 9194 Farmingdale, New York U.S.A.

American Prize Reports bogus sweepstakes Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Hey Same thing happened to me..

On January 20th, 2007, I received a letter from Donald Turner representing the A.P.R informing me that Iwas chosen to the receive a sum of money in the amount of $1,900,000.00 and won't be released to me until I pay the amount of $19.99 in check or money order send in with a certificate with my signature and any address correction that I may need to apply before they finalize this award. I thought this news was too good to be true!

So, I then decided to go online and check the returning address to where I am sending the check. I then, discovered that the same letter that had been sent to me had been sent to someone else before, the same sum of money to be awarded and the same instructions on how to get the money. I just want these poor people out there to please always double check on something before you pull out your check book.

Dianna
Salt Lake City, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2007 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Prize-Reports/Farmingdale-New-York-11735/American-Prize-Reports-bogus-sweepstakes-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-231713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Prize Reports

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Hey Same thing happened to me..

AUTHOR: Lilly - (U.S.A.)

Just got a mail yeterday (like you) with the same exact stuff posted. I found it too good to be true. I mean, come on....not one piece of contact information? That's what gave it away for me. The 19.99 processing fee was also a bit weird since they could just deduct that from our total "prize money". Hmmm, anyway, there's not much we can do about it. I sure would have like the $1,900,000.00 but, once again, we're back to the age-old adage "If something seems too good to be true, it's probably not true"