Complaint Review: American Professional Institute (API)

• Submitted: Tue, March 05, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, March 05, 2013

• Reported By: LilMomma31061 — Georgia United States of America
American Professional Institute (API)
North Columbia Street, Milledgeville GA 31061 Macon, Atlanta, and Milledgeville, Georgia United States of America

American Professional Institute (API) Private Technical School Middle Ga area Macon, Atlanta, and Milledgeville, Georgia

My journey with API is several years long. I ame to API as an employee. At first I really liked my job, and everyone I worked with. I loved helping the students and having that feeling of actually making a deffrence in someones life. It never dawned on me the black/white ratio of not only the students but the employees. For about a year everything seemed to go by perfectly. Then I strated hearing all the racial comments and jokes and the sexual harrassment started picking up. I had made a few comments not only to my supervisior but to my boss and once to the owner of the company. Never once was anything done. My job became more in jepordy. Once I made these comments in private and in confidentiality, it took less than 48 hours before other employees and students were coming to me telling me what they have heard and asked it it was true. In no time after that was I laid off work due to low enrollments. Yes the sexual harrasment claims are true, yes, the racial comments are true, and yes my information was not kept confidential like by law it should have been. Not one employee or student should have ever found out what happen to me. But they did.

As far as how API works..... I really wish these students only knew the truth and what kind of mess they are putting them selves in by attending this school....

So far what everyone has said about API is true. These owners (Yes I know their names and phone numbers) and employees really do not care about the students. Its all about how many you enroll, how many enrollments stick, how many enrollments complete Fin Aid and make it through the first thirty days of class. Once you have been in class for thirty days, the school receives all of their money and you are stuck with a loan payment even if you quit school now. They pretend to care about you, and act as if they want to help you. They tell you only enough to get you in the door then once they have you you become a number that makes them money. Anyway, the basics is just to confirm what people say is mostly true. It all comes down to the who gets paid who makes money... and who can trick enough students to come to this school to please the owners.

This school is full of getto, racial, hated people. It is sad when these students cant even get into a clinical site because of the rep these students and API has. It is also sad that these students dont receive the proper training and education for the field they have choosen to seek. It is also very sad when you see a student in the medical field that has completed all their training and you refuse to seek services from thses students because their training was at API....

It is not a full accredited school. The credits earned here do not transfer over to any other school. Please be sure to do your homework before you sign your name to any doccuments for API. Remember its a sales game, the more one person signs up students the more money they make off of you. In a sales position the seller NEVER tells the WHOLE truth.... They only tell you what sounds good for you to hear ton convince you that this is better.... Well Its not better, not for the money, the time, or for your life! Good luck!

Accredited

Accredited

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2013 08:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Professional-Institute-API/Macon-Atlanta-and-Milledgeville-Georgia-/American-Professional-Institute-API-Private-Technical-School-Middle-Ga-area-Macon-Atla-1023699. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Professional Institute (API)