Complaint Review: American Reading Club

• Updated: Thu, August 20, 2009

• Reported By: Connie — Oklahoma City Oklahoma USA
American Reading Club
5175 Performance Drive Cumming, Georgia United States of America

American Reading Club They threatened me with criminal charges,because I stopped them from stealing my money. I haven't received any reading material from these people and yet they claim I owe them money. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

* : Get your money back

I haven't received anything for my money. I am getting calls saying they are going to garnish my check and turn me into the DA for theft charges. When I try to call them back they say the guy is not available to speak to me. They are mad because the agreement over the phone was the would send me a monthly bill by mail and the payments would be by mail, not out my account except for the first payment. I closed out my account after the first payment was taken out thinking I would pay by mail after that. The company hit my account and got declined so the threats astarted by leaving voicemails.  I have not received anything for my money and now facing possiable charges and loss of money out of my weekly check . What do I do now?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2009 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Reading-Club/Cumming-Georgia-/American-Reading-Club-They-threatened-me-with-criminal-chargesbecause-I-stopped-them-fro-482929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Reading Club

#1

Get your money back

AUTHOR: Mrsz - (U.S.A.)

I am guessing this is a book company? It seems like they are charging for a service that they aren't providing. You are not obligated to continue paying for anything until you get the product promised to you. Does the terms and conditions tell you anything about this?

You could also try to contest the charges at your bank. They might be willing to put the money back in your account and go after them yourself.

Or you could call the company and speak to the manager and find out why you never got your order. You need to find out what the normal billing process is for them.