Complaint Review: American Safety Insurance Company

• Submitted: Mon, February 06, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 06, 2012

• Reported By: Robert Jones — Myrtle Beach South Carolina United States of America
American Safety Insurance Company
100 Galleria Parkway Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

American Safety Insurance Company Filed a simple insurance claim. On 4th adjuster in 2 months with no call backs. Atlanta, Georgia

I purchased a new home last year that was supposed to be protected from termites. The termite company was paid, but never did the pre-construction treatment.

Now, after an inspection of the property, the South Carolina Pesticide Regulators have ordered the bug company to fully treat my home. The problem is, if they do the job correctly they will have to drill holes throughout my home causing thousands of dollars in damages.

In December of 2011, filed a claim with their General Liability Insurance company, American Safety Insurance. I provided American Safety with photographs, the SC Regulators inspection and order giving the bug company 30 days to treat my home. I have given American Safety photographs of the termite activity in my new home.

Since December, I have called multiple times and am being told that the adjusters are quitting the company. [continued below]....
..... I am on my 4th adjuster. I have left this company numerous calls and emails. No call backs.

I just spoke to a "supervisor" who said she would make sure the adjuster calls me back.

I cannot allow the termite company to destroy my floors until this company pays the claim.  WOW!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Safety-Insurance-Company/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/American-Safety-Insurance-Company-Filed-a-simple-insurance-claim-On-4th-adjuster-in-2-mo-834650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Safety Insurance Company